Construction, it may be a building or a simple house construction, is a serious job that requires an exceptional amount of man power; not just a randomly selected individual but somebody who has acquired set of skills in formulating precise and accurate measurements required for construction jobs. And since great human risk and a number of hazards are involved in this occupation, people continued to invent and re-invent tools, machines and equipment to eliminate human error caused by the uncertainty in their work.
Machines such as the miter saws are one of the cutting tools frequently present in construction projects. Forming and cutting wood stock to the required shape and length stretches great help especially in the first phase of construction which is the building of the foundations. Miter saws are one of the most highly demanded and highly recommended when it comes to precise and clean cutting of wood materials.
Unlike cutting woods with mere human strength under inconsistent cutting method, the best miter saw eliminates the danger of altering the dimensions set for the wood material because of its structure and simple cutting process; it’ll be a light task for someone to bench cut the wood. That is why it is advisable to read about miter saw reviews.
It’s a good thing to have a long list of miter saw to choose from; you won’t have to worry about scarcity for this construction tool. But with this long list comes the nightmare of purchasing an ineffective product that will give you frustrations rather than satisfied expectations.
- 1 Types of miter saws
- 2 Tips For You
- 3 Warning
- 4 3 Best Miter Saw Recommendations
- 5 Top 3 Best Miter Saw Reviews
- 6 8 Steps To Choose A Right Miter Saw
- 7 Conclusion
Types of miter saws
There are 3 types of miter saws, you can choose a miter saw according to your job.
1. Compound Miter Saws
As it is named, best compound miter saws are used to produce compound miter cut which means that it has the advantage of acquiring cut from two different planes in just one cutting process. With the allowable tilting and moving of the blade, they are mostly preferred if you intent on making angled and beveled cuts just by manipulating the blades.
2. Dual Compound miter saws
This type of miter saw makes compound miter cuts, same as with the compound miter saw. What makes the difference though is that while the best compound miter saws’ blade can be tilted in one direction, dual compound miter saws’ blade can be titled in both left and right directions making is suitable for doing beveled wood cuts.
3. Sliding compound miter saws
Sliding compound miter saws is type of miter saws has all the advantage you need not just having a precise and accurate wood cut job but also the convenience of using this saw because of its blade gliding feature which can cover longer cutting lengths required for your wood.
Tips For You
- Read the manual before you start on handling a miter saw tool especially if you’re a first timer.
- Be guided with people who have real experience with these sorts of cutting tools.
- Try and practice first before getting on the real work piece; miter saw models may be the same in purpose but some may work differently from the others; not all cutting processes are the same for all miter saw models.
- Set-up your working place wherein you’ll place your miter saw unit. It’ll be wise if you choose a well-lighted place to do your cutting tasks.
- Safe handling of this product is a must. Keep it from places wherein children may have the access of playing this miter saw tool. Most accidents happen because of lack security.
- Buying a table saw will help your job is easier. You can use a table saw when the miter saw is not suitable in some circumstances. You should buy a best portable table saw with powersawHQ although it can expensive.
- Make sure that the assembled parts of the miter saw unit are secured so as to prevent intervention and accidents during the cutting process.
- Make sure that the miter saw units’ parts are complete; every part is valuable and has a purpose.
- Check the product for damages; this may cause the product’s malfunctions.
- Wear proper protective equipment such as goggles, gloves and even body covers to prevent skin conditions from wood dusts.
- Keep you working station clean and clear; this will prevent you from continuous search of the things you need for the cutting task.
3 Best Miter Saw Recommendations
Although there are many miter saw for your choices above, but I recommend 3 best miter saw for money, quality and brand.
Price: Under $300
Quality: From 4.7-5 stars.
Brand: Hitachi and Dewalt
- Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- Hitachi C10FCH2 10-Inch Miter Saw with Laser
Top 3 Best Miter Saw Reviews
1. Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
Hitachi Power Tools is a trusted brand for producing high-class power tools. Construction tools made by Hitachi manufacturers are one of the best in quality tools that is much appreciated and recommended by the consumers who have tried and tested its durability and exceptional performance that transforms heavy work into a light and stress-free one.
Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter saw is not an exemption from the people’s review and evaluation which turns out to be good ones. If you’re used to using one of the traditional, old-fashioned miter saw then you’ll definitely be surprised by this Hitachi compound miter saw. Structure wise, this miter saw is portable and the work station for cutting doesn’t take too much space not to mention its light unit weight which won’t give you burden for carrying such a heavy cutting tool.
As portable as it looks don’t under estimate its cutting performance; miter and bevel cuts won’t be a problem this modern miter saw eliminated the troubles of making precise angle cuts on your material because of the extra features this miter saw has from other different miter saw models such as the easily adjustable range of positive miter stops and easily controllable panels to get the precision miter and bevel cuts you desire.
What’s even incredible with this product is that you can avail this best miter saw model for a very low price with free shipping. The Hitachi compound miter saw package includes C10FCE2 compound miter saw, 10-inch 24-tooth TCT saw blade, extended fence, dust bag, vise assembly, box wrench, and hex bar wrench.
2. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw
DeWalt is one of the leading manufacturing companies that manufactures construction power tools and is known worldwide. This is a subsidiary of Stanley Black and Decker. DeWalt is marked by their product excellence and the quality service they give out to people who has construction needs; whether it’s a big or a small construction project, DeWalt’s power tools innovates to serve beyond the expectations of people from their product.
DeWalt DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw is a portable electric miter saw which gives you the edge in your cutting tasks because of its dynamic features you can’t have on other miter models. DeWalt compound miter received numerous miter saw reviews brought by the customer’s satisfaction because of the added flexible blade feature which will give you more ways to conveniently cut your wood stocks. This model also has upgraded miter cut ranges and bevel cut angles that will be applicable for thick wood materials.
Precision cutting won’t be too much of a hassle because this best compound miter saw has 11 positive stops which will assure you of hitting that precise cut you want to make with your wood material. You can avail the DeWalt DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Compound Miter and its wonderful features for a low price with free shipping which includes DEWALT 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw, carbide blade, dust bag, and blade wrench. With all the advantages you can have from purchasing this miter saw, you regret on investing your money on this product.
3. Hitachi C10FCH2 10-Inch Miter Saw with Laser
Hitachi is one of the peoples-choice when it comes to construction power tools. Hitachi Company was described as “a tradition of innovation” because of their ability to invent and re-invent tools that will satisfy not just the need to lighten up every construction task but also to produce hazard-free tools that will give security to the customers who will decide on purchasing their products.
Hitachi C10FCH2 10-Inch Miter Saw with Laser is of the same structure as the normal Hitachi compound miter saw. The two miter saw models have the same advantages and has the same exquisite features but this Hitachi miter saw has a built in laser liner. The Hitachi’s Laser Marker System contributes to the precise cutting process you can do using this miter saw model. You may be having troubles in looking through pencil-marked wood stocks but this new improvement in the Hitachi miter saw will definitely remove those troubles because now, even without graded glasses, you will easily detect the line pattern you desire to cut, whether you want to make miter cuts or bevel cuts.
Hitachi C10FCH2 10-Inch Miter Saw with Laser is a portable miter saw and it only weighs 36.2 pounds, a light weight to carry whenever and wherever you need it. You can now purchase this Hitachi miter saw package for amazing low price with free shipping. Aside from having all its features, the miter saw package contains C10FCH2 Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker System, 10-inch TCT Saw Blade, extended fence, dust bag, vise assembly, box wrench, and hex bar wrench.
8 Steps To Choose A Right Miter Saw
Now, there are many variations of best miter saws you can avail from the market. Miter saws may vary in their exterior; others may seem more complicated in their appearance but always take note that the exterior of the miter saw reflects its purpose. The miter saw’s structure is not solely for the purpose of beautification of the product; every piece you see in the unit was placed for your accessibility and advantage in using this type of wood cutting tool. Whether it’s for a big or small construction project, still, be guided with right information when selecting the suitable miter saw for you.
- Blades are considered the main tool for miter saws as it executes the desire cut you want to make with your wood materials.
- Blades can be categorized by their specifications such as the diameter and number blade teeth by which the quality of the cut depends such as the finer cut finish and the depth of the cut produced by a certain blade.
- The blade’s diameter may come in different sizes but the average ones are in sizes 8 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch blades. Take note there is a down side for using larger blades for cutting as it’ll be more difficult for you to maneuver the blades to get the right cutting position.
- Miter saw is the saw which makes the angled and miter cuts you need for your construction project.
- Miter saws can be different for each miter saw models (compound, dual compound and sliding compound miter saws).
- The saw will allow you to adjust to allowable angles by which the most popular are the 45 degree that is commonly made for right angle joints.
- Although you’ll have the miter saw guide you with the angular measurement when cutting your wood stock, you may encounter inconvenience of using the miter since other miter saw models allows only one-sided miter; other models allow miter on both left and right sides.
- Beveling is a miter saw feature which specifies that the miter saw is able to make bevel cut in your wood stock.
- The beveling feature depends however on the model of the miter saw; other miter saws allow double beveling which makes the cutting process a less complicated one because you won’t have to turn the wood.
- On the other hand, some miter saws only allow single beveling which gives you the burden of continued wood turning during the cutting process.
- Bevel cuts are described as slanted edges on wood stocks that are commonly seen from the frames and wood carving designs.
- Miter saws are usually a press down cutting saws which needs a downward pressure for the blade to make cuts.
- Slide is one of the miter saws features that will definitely give you that convenient advantage as you cut wood materials; because of the sliding movement for cutting wood it’ll be easier for you to handle larger blades which will be difficult to maneuver if it is used with the traditional miter saw model.
- Sliding gives not just the advantage for easy cutting but for covering lengthy cuts and greater width that the old miter saw model can’t do.
- Miter saws with sliding features are highly recommended to when you’re working on constructing fencing post.
5. Other Feature
- To prevent incidents using this cutting tool, Miter saws come with features that will help you with your cutting job.
- Most miter saws model have built-in lights provide sufficient lighting you need when you cut; some models have laser lining features so you won’t get the trouble of missing the pencil mark on your wood.
- Other extra miter saw features includes: adjustable rear fences, extension arms and work piece clamps that will avoid your hands of getting in the way of the cutting since this features will help you to fasten your wood stock unto the workstation.
- Today, you may avail of the cordless miter saws which are powered by a researchable lithium ion battery.
6. Capacity cutting
- The cutting capacity of the miter saw depends on the blade and the method of cutting.
- Miter saws with larger diameter blades have higher cutting capacities than the ones with the smaller diameters.
- Same goes with the method of cutting, miter saws with the sliding movement feature will have higher cutting capacity than the press down cutting method on other miter saws.
- Cutting capacity may also depend on the extra features of the miter saw such as miter saws that has a variable speed dial which determines the cutting speed of the miter saw.
7. Dust extraction and management
- Miter saw tools has been greatly modernized to give you extra benefit you can’t find in manual cutting work such as maintaining a clean environment by keeping the wood dust out of the way.
- Now, you don’t have to worry about all the mess with your cutting work; today miter saws have their built-in dust vacuums that will easily and instantaneously remove the wood dust out from your workstation during the wood cutting.
- Miter saws also comes with dust port and dust bin so that you won’t be hassle with the cleaning after your every cutting task.
8. Price and Brand
- There are a number of best miter saws you can avail on the market today.
- Miter saws may vary in their brand and price. Make sure that you’ll decide to purchase a miter saw that is from a trusted brand, this will assure you of quality performance you’re expecting from your miter saw.
- As for the price, miter saws with extra features will come with the little edge in its price.
- With the revolutionized miter saw, I believe that the tool’s brand and price will be a great deal you should not get away with.
I love Hitachi and DEWALT brand. And you??
Discover Top Best Miter Saws For The Money!
Huge Discount Available!
Miter saw is one of the construction tools that make most of the job light and easy. Since miter saws are widely used not just by professional workers but also by people who want to do a do-it-yourself construction works, miter saws became one of the most innovative tools throughout the years.
Generally, having the best miter saw is a wise decision especially if you’re a bit of a handy man yourself but don’t just barge in stores and choose whatever miter model that will catch your eyes. Remember that every miter parts are placed for a specific purpose. It’s very important that you’ll be guided by information from trusted people, such as people who make miter saw reviews that will help you decide on the right miter saw that’ll satisfy your need. In the end, there are plenty of miter saw review and models you can choose from so rest assured that there will be a miter saw for you available in the market.
However, if you don’t like above products, you want to search other products that suit you.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!