The Kuvings Silent NS-850 juicer displays innovation at its best in an upright masticating juicer that is sure to suit all your juicing taste. With this model Kuvings has managed to enhance the design of the vertical juicer and brought together quality, extraordinary features, durability and value all in a single unit. With more horsepower than its competitors the NS-850 Silent Juicer is capable of powering through anything from hard-root vegetables to wheatgrass with ease.
Labeled the silent juicer this model is only quiet during operation, sounding off at a mild 50db while in use, because it screams with performance. The NS-850s patented J.M.C.S. extraction technology is able to maximize the use of a slow speed juicing process by pressing rather than grinding and deliver a healthier and more stable glass of juice every time. This is the first masticating juicer machine of its kind to provide all BPA free juicing components and its sleek upright design conveniently takes up less counter space and can be stored underneath most cabinets even when fully assembled. This could very well be the one and only juicer you ever need.
Ratings For This Model
Ease of Use/Cleaning:
Features at a Glance
- With its vertical design and small footprint the Kuvings Upright Silent Juicer conserves counter space and can easily fit underneath most cabinets fully assembled.
- Kuvings is the first to include all BPA-Free juicing components.
- Auger – Ultem
- Basket Strainer -Ultem and Stainless Steel
- Bowl – Tritan
- Juice Cup – Tritan
- Juice Cup – Tritan
- Lid with Feed Tube – ABS
- Tamper – ABS
- Whipping Screen – ABS with silicone rubber wiping fins
- Nearly silent operation- To say it is silent is a bit of a stretch, but during operation this unit produces around 50db of noise making one of the quietest juicers on the market.
- Low RPM slow juicing – With the NS-850s slow method of juice extraction at only 78-80 RPM you reap the benefits of preserving nutrients and enzymes while juicing.
- Easy To Clean – Simply pour water into the juicer while running and take care of most of the dirty work with the units self cleaning feature.
- A unique way to juice! – With the patented J.M.C.S Technology the NS-850 utilizes a slow speed squeezing extraction without breaking down nutrients and delivering pure high-quality juice.
- 8 X Stronger Ultem Materials – The masticating gear and the wiping blade of this juicer are made from stronger materials that make these components more durable than the standard and give the unit more grinding power.
- Safe Operation- The Silent Juicer comes standard with a safety overload switch that protects against overloading and two-step safety start system that makes the unit inoperable unless properly assembled.
- Portable and Unobtrusive – A convenient built-in handle allows you to easily lift and relocate the juicer and the sleek upright design with its small footprint makes the Silent Juicer an ideal fit for any kitchen.
- Value – When comparing this unit to other juicers of this type, the use of Ultem materials and the BPA Free juicing components add value to this model in comparison to other vertical juicers.
- Full 10 year Warranty on the entire machine including parts.
- 3 horsepower squeezing.
- 330 Watt brush-less Motor, 120 Volts, 60 Hz
- Handy reset button located on bottom of unit.
- Dimensions: 9.64″ W x 6.49 D” x 17.12 H, Weight 16 lb.
- UL CE TuV Approved
What Included with the Kuvings Silent 850
- Motor Base
- Juicer Bowl
- Juicing Gear (Auger)
- Rotation Wiper
- Strainer Basket
- Locking Lid including Feed Tube
- BPA Free Juice Collection Cup
- BPA Free Juice Collection Cup
- Over Sized Cleaning Brush
- Full Color Instruction Manual
- Full Color 75+ page Recipe Book
What Can You Juice with it?
- Fruits: Yes
- Citrus: Yes
- Vegetables: Yes
- Leafy Greens: Yes
- Wheatgrass: Yes
What Can The Kuvings Silent 850 Do?
Unlike multipurpose masticating juicers the Kuving NS-850 Silent Juicer machine like other uprights is only suited for juice making. This unit is not designed for homogenizing and will not serve as a baby food or pasta maker. However, using the Silent Juicer as a fruit, vegetable and wheatgrass juicer you are certain to get your moneys worth with every use and enjoy the best nature has to offer.
This model is extremely efficient at juicing hard and soft fruits including citrus, typically one of the more difficult fruits to juice. Make your favorite vegetable juice easily from whatever you desire including hard-root items like carrots and beets while preserving the nutritional value and full bodied flavor. If wheatgrass and leafy greens are more your fancy the Silent Juicer has you covered there as well with its ability to efficiently extract from produce such as wheatgrass, kale, cabbage, spinach, and pine needles just to name a few.
Like other single gear masticating juicers, the Kuvings slow juicer machine chews fruits and vegetables through a slow juicing process efficiently squeezing out every ounce juice. The low-speed of only 78 rpms protects the full bodied flavors and nutritional content from being destroyed by excess heat, friction and oxidation that is common with centrifugal juicers. To make things easier while juicing the pulp and juice are guided automatically into separate containers enabling you to juice without interruption.
Juice quality from the Silent Juicer NS-850 is considered to be low in pulp, high in yield with a bold rich flavor that is noticeable on the palate when compared to competing uprights. With the combination of the low 78-80 rpm and the unique press extraction method this juicer is very gentle with fruits and vegetables of all kinds and that is immediately noticeable in the quality juice it delivers. A slow juicing method has an advantage over rapid rotation because it is able to preserve the nutrients and enzymes and the press and crush extraction process does not destroy the nutritional value of the fruits and vegetables.
Pros & Cons at a Glance
- This unit is aesthetically pleasing and will not take up too much counter space.
- Slow juicing speed for optimum nutrients.
- Will juice any type of produce including wheatgrass.
- Quieter than most masticating juicers.
- Powerful motor that applies enough force to effectively squeeze juice.
- Great 10 year warranty.
- No excess heat build-up and little oxidation is produced.
- Somewhat pricey, but worth it if you have the budget.
- Longer food prep time.
- Small feed chute.
- Takes longer to juice soft fruits like grapes.
Durability of the Kuvings Silent 850 Juicer
The Kuvings Silent Juicer NS-850 vertical masticating juicer is constructed with some of the most durable material available today. This unit utilizes Ultem materials that is proven to be 8 times stronger than the materials previously used in its construction. The use of such high quality materials ensures great juicing power and a longer lasting auger for optimal function. Durability is always the key when it comes to appliances.
Using the Juicer – Assembly, Disassembly
This upright juicing system is very easy to assemble for use and disassemble for cleaning as the unit consist of only 6 main parts. When assembling the unit be sure to refer to the manual to insure this is done correctly and all of the parts are securely locked into place. One sure sign of an improper assembly will be an inoperable unit because of the safety feature that disables the juicer if not properly assembled. When using the juicer it is important to ensure that the pulp extraction silicon cap is properly seated in the bottom of the juicing bowl, if this is not correct juice will be released through the pulp chute reducing the overall yield. While unit is in use place the pulp container into position under the base unit hook and juice cup is placed into its position under juice extraction tube.
6 parts of the unit
- Juicing Bowl
- Wiping Blade
- Feed-chute Cap
- Funnel Cap
Cleaning the Juicer
The Kuvings NS-850 is equipped with a self-cleaning feature that will allow you to flush the unit with water after juicing. This feature is common with most upright masticating juicers because of the vertical design, making these juicers possibly the easiest to clean. Even with the self cleaning ability do not be fooled as you will still need to disassemble the juicer for a full cleaning of the parts particularly to remove all pulp from the strainer. As mentioned the unit is easily disassembled and a thorough cleaning should take no more than 5 minutes under running water.
How Noisy is the Kuvings Silent 850 Juice Extractor?
The Silent Juicer operates at only 40-50 dB which is mild when compared to the typical 80-95 dB of most centrifugal juicers. As a point of reference, a normal conversation is approximately 60 dB, and a lawnmower is 90 dB.
Conclusion – Who Should Buy the Kuvings Silent 850?
This Kuvings Juicer is without a doubt a high quality juice extractor and will suit the needs of most any juicer. The NS-850 effectively squeezes juice from various types of produce such as soft and hard fruits, veggies, roots, wheatgrass, and leafy greens. To call the juicer “silent” is a bit misleading because this unit as with any juicer machine will make noise. we found that the NS-850 is slightly more noisy than the Omega VERT HD 350 upright juicer. One thing that stands out about this unit and something that we consider to be of high importance is the 10 year warranty that protects the entire unit including parts.
To us here we feel that this is an outstanding juicer that performs well in every category and will suit the needs of most consumers as we did not find any problems with the Kuvings NS-850 Silent Juicer. The only cons listed were typical with most all masticating type juicers. So in summary this is a great juicer that will not fail you and if it does rest assured that you will own this Kuvings slow juicer for a minimum of 10 years protected by warranty. Whether you are a novice or veteran juicer you will get a high quality, nutritious juice from the Kuvings NS-850 Silent Juicer.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!