The DEWALT Bare-Tool DCS370B Cordless Band Saw is a superb tool for home handyman, sprinkler fitters, electricians, commercial plumber or other professional contractor who often find themselves working with various types of materials. This particular band saw may also be used to cut threaded rods, uni-struts, conduits, other types of metal and almost all kinds of wood.
The DEWALT Bare-Tool DCS370B Cordless Band Saw Overview
Weighing at 7.7 pounds, the DEWALT DCS370B is lightweight and very portable. In fact, this band saw is designed specifically to allow users to make very precise cuts without making them difficult to use. However, despite its relatively light design, it should also be mentioned that the DCS370B is quite durable, and the device allows users to make adjustments on the blade in order to prolong the belt’s lifespan.
Furthermore, the DEWALT DCS370B’s ergonomic soft-grip back handle offers additional flexibility and comfort to the user, which means that you can use this band saw for hours without having to worry about getting a sore wrist. As for its portability, it’s worth mentioning that thanks to its light weight and small scale, the DCS370B is easy to move around, and you can bring it with you to almost any place you need to go to.
Aside from its main features, it’s also worth mentioning that the DEWALT DCS370B It’s compatible with DEWALT’s 18-volt XRP battery system (but batteries and charger sold separately) and work on both Li-Ion and NiCd batteries. The high powered batteries have a very long lifespan, but take note that they are only compatible with DEWALT cordless 18 volt tools. So if you own other Dewalt products in your house or office, you can use the DCS370B’s to power them as well.
Finally, both of the DCS370B’s handles are made from over-molded rubber to provide it with additional comfort. The saw also includes its own hanger hook, which is something that you don’t often find in most portable band saws. So once you’re done with your work, you can just hang it on the saw horse instead of just leaving it on your work table.
- This cordless band saw is ideal if you find yourself working off a lift.
- The DCS370B’s battery life is quite impressive. They’re also relatively cheaper compared to other portable saws.
- The device is quite useful for tight areas. You can even fit it inside a 5 gallon bucket.
- The device is light weight and is ideal for overhead cuts.
- The ergonomic design allows you to control this tool using only one hand.
- The hang hook makes storage easier.
- The device lacks any brakes, which means that it will continue to run for two to three seconds even after you’re done.
- Don’t expect any replacement blades, because this device doesn’t include any.
- The DCS370B doesn’t have the same capacity as larger band saws, and it can only cut items up to 2.5 inches.
Its great for metal cut off, the blades last a long time as they rarely heat up, cut 1/2″all thread and heavy gauge unistrut easily, using the tool in a boom lift was a great benefit, it is well worth the money, best tools I have bought, lite weight and balance is great … click here to read more.
The DEWALT Bare-Tool DCS370B Cordless Band Saw may not be particularly special, but it has a lot of nice and useful features. The added durability and portability are particularly useful. The total capacity of this device is also very useful, and is ideal for contractors who often find themselves working on small scale projects that require portable band saws.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!