Miele is one of the big players in this competitive market, right from the day of entry it ensures consumer interest, quality and cost effectiveness which have turned out for them to be a winner. They make their presence in the home appliance segment and have recently presented the new washer dryer with the innovation of a long list of features and this appliance also acts as a substitute for both the washing machine and the tumble dryer. The following is the review of Miele WT2780 Freestanding Washer Dryer which brings out more details on the product.
- One of the interesting aspects of this model is the drum style which is in the honeycomb type. The slight sculpturing on the surface of the drum protects even the most delicate fabrics as there is a thin film of water or air to cushion the fabrics.
- The stain removable programme is available which is automatic and there are about 22 types of stains to choose from of which 3 can be selected in a single programme.
- Buzzer volume adjustment and the Keypad tones on/off are present in this model which can be set as per the need of the environment.
- Energy saving mode is a special programme that takes care of saving on energy yet bringing out the best output as otherwise.
- Delay start makes it easy for the user to set the appliance to function up to 24 hours later than the programme time.
- Display brightness/contrast adjustment and the Lock code are also present to enhance the user interest and it goes as per the liking and demand of the individual.
- Anti-crease action is available which protects the fabrics from creases. There is also an option of set this action on/off as and when required. This minimises the ironing task as the crease formation are less.
- Distribution controller brings in a good balance to the load and it automatically adjusts to make the load even and prevent the malfunctioning.
- Door lock is also present which keeps away the unauthorised opening of the door. Hence both the programme and the door are been protected with the lock system.
With the condenser drying technology, Miele WT2780 Grade ‘A+’ Washer Dryer serves the capacity of 5.5kg for washing and 3.0kg capacity for drying. The housing colour is lotus which that makes it an easy decision to combine for any interior style. The size of the appliance in the dimension of height, width and depth is 850mm, 595mm and 580mm.
The front of the appliance has enamel finish which does not corrode for life and keeps the appliance new for ever. The door is made of transparent material which allows the user to see through as a viewing window. The drum has lighting and the door opening is wide with 30cm in diameter making it easy for loading and unloading.
This model has a control panel located in the front panel which consists of dial control and few buttons. The dial control is unique which has illumination. It does have an LCD display which gives the information about the settings. There is a buzzer option which intimates the completion of the programme. The few other indicators that are present in this model are the programme sequence indication and excess detergent indicators.
The available programmes are many when considered the wash and dry programmes. The wash programmes includes Automatic plus, cottons, minimum iron, delicates, woollens, silks, express20, denim, shirts, dark garments, outerwear, sportswear, trainers, proofing, soft toys, hygiene, pillows, first wash, curtains. The various drying programmes that are available are timed drying warm air, timed drying cool air, smoothing, rinse out fluff.
Consumption and Performance:
The spin settings of this model can be set from the minimum of 400rpm to the maximum of 1600rpm which is generally based on the type and volume of the load. The water consumption for the wash and the dry programmes are 45litres and 13litres respectively.
The energy consumption of this model is 0.93 kWh and 1.74 kWh for the wash and dry programmes. When it comes to the performance rating this model is sure to have a feather in its cap as the energy efficiency is been rated with Grade ‘A+’, the wash and the spin rating are grade ‘A’ and ‘B’ respectively.
Given for Miele WT2780 White Colour Washer Dryer is the guarantee for the period of 2 years which covers both the parts and the labour.
Miele WT2780 Front Loading Washer Dryer – Technical Specification Table
|Model Name||WT2780 Washer Dryer|
|Dimensions||850 x 595 x 580 mm|
|Loading type||Front Loading|
|Wash Load/Drying Load||5.5kg/3kg|
|Spin Speed||400 – 1600 rpm|
|Wash / Spin rating||Grade A / Grade B|
|Door hinge||Left hand side|
|Washing Programmes||Automatic plus, cottons, minimum iron, delicates, woollens, silks, express20, denim, shirts, dark garments, outerwear, sportswear, trainers, proofing, soft toys, hygiene, pillows, first wash, curtains|
|Drying Programmes||Timed drying warm air, timed drying cool air, smoothing, rinse out fluff|
|Controls and Display||Illuminated Dial control, LCD display, buzzer option, programme sequence indication, excess detergent indication|
|Drum style||Honey comb|
|Height adjustable feet||Yes|
|Safety features||Water control system Check drain/inlet indication Automatic safety door lock In-operation lock Fault diagnosis Emergency door release Easy access manual drain Water inlet filter|
|Features||Buzzer volume adjustment Keypad tones on/off Energy saving mode Delay start Display brightness/contrast adjustment Lock code Anti-crease action Distribution controller Door lock|
|Water Consumption||Washing – 45 litres Drying – 13 litres|
|Energy consumption||Washing – 0.93 kWh Drying – 1.74 kWh|
- Related post: Fagor FUS-6116 Washer Dryer Review
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!