Do you have sensitive teeth and are you looking for a toothbrush with the right brush head, and bristles are not harsh or abrasive on them? If the answer to the above questions is yes, Philips Sonicare HX6511/44 may be something you are looking for.
It is an electric rechargeable toothbrush created to cater for the teeth cleaning needs of any person including those with delicate teeth. It is suitable also for people with dental restorations, implants, braces and others.
It comes with many features, which mark it out from other products or other models of Philips in the market. The toothbrush heads and its quality bristles, 2-minute Quadpacer interval timer, reminder bristles and other features work together to provide you with enhanced cleaning results.
Philips Sonicare HX6511/44 Sensitive Description and Features
Philips Sonicare HX6511 created to make teeth cleaning and brushing very easy, comfortable and efficient. This is due to its sensitive brush head, which feature ultra-soft bristles. The bristles of the brush head of ProResult series do not compare with those of Philips Sonicare HX6511 in terms of softness. Yet, their softness do not affect its effectiveness in getting rid of plague and stains on the teeth.
However, they are gentle on the teeth and gums. The bristles have been tested and proven clinically to be safe not just on natural teeth but also on dental restoration such as crowns, fillings and veneers. Use them also on braces and periodontal pockets. The brush head is able to move up 31,000 times per minute.
However, if you are using it to clean braces, they will wear out quickly than they should do. Normally, dentists recommend that you change your toothbrush head after three months of use whether you are using them on braces or just on normal teeth. However, knowing when to change the toothbrush head should not constitute any problem to you. If you are using this product because it comes with a reminder bristles which alerts you when it is time for you to change your toothbrush head. Its light fades when the bristles wear out and this will serve as an indication that it is time for you to change the toothbrush head.
Dentists also recommend two minutes of brushing time. Spending a longer timer during your daily brushing routine may harm your teeth. In order to prevent the occurrence of any injury or wound to your teeth, Philips provides this model with Quadpacer interval timer. The feature beeps or alerts you at interval of 30 seconds so that you will switch over to another quadrant. In this way, you will have a more consistent cleaning of all the quadrant of your teeth and yet complete them with two minutes of recommended brush time. When it is 2 minutes, the 2-minute timer of the unit will turn it off.
A rechargeable battery powers the Philips Sonicare HX6511/44. The battery has an appreciable runtime when it is fully charged. If you keep to 2 minutes brushing time, you will be able to brush your teeth with the unit for 42 times without having any need to recharge the battery. It is recommended that you charge the battery for 24 hours initially for enhance performance.
It has one clean mode, namely the standard mode for the entire mouth.
Summary of the Features
Philips Sonicare HX6511 comes with the basic features you need in order to obtain better teeth cleaning results than an ordinary toothbrush will give you. It has one cleaning mode, two-minute timer, Quadpacer interval timer, efficient and reliable rechargeable battery, twice plague removal ability than ordinary brush, easy start program and others.
Philips Sonicare HX6511/44 Performance
What I like about the Philips Sonicare HX6511/44
- As many customers have noted in Amazon, this product is easy, comfortable and pleasant to brush. It offers nice and gentle action, which delivers good results. You can use it to clean and brush sensitive teeth. People with different kinds of dental restoration including implants and braces can make use of this toothbrush without causing themselves any harm or injury.
- It is affordable and thus within the reach of many consumers. Its affordability does not affect its performance in any way.
- The battery of this unit is replaceable and rechargeable. This is a feature, which gives it an edge over Braun Oral-B product, which comes with a non-replaceable NiMH rechargeable battery. If your toothbrush is still in good condition but the battery has died, you do not have to purchase a new product. You only have to replace the battery and this is more cost effective than buying a new product.
- The battery also has a good runtime. There is no difference between this product and higher models of Sonicare in terms of battery runtime. Therefore, a person that spends more to acquire the higher end models has no advantage over you in terms of battery lifetime.
What I dislike about the Philips Sonicare HX6511/44
- The battery charge time of 24 hours for the initial time is very long. If you acquire a new toothbrush, you will like to use it immediately. It can be annoying to wait for the whole day before you can use what you just acquired. Besides, people living in places where there is intermittent power supply may not be able to charge this unit for 24 hours. Designed for the UK market, however people from the UK who purchase this unit in order to travel with it may have problem using it especially if they are traveling to places that have an intermittent power supply.
- It does not come with any travel case and this makes it unsuitable for people on the go.
Summary of the Review
Philips Sonicare HX6511/44 has its strengths and weak points. However, the cons are somewhat light and negligible. The features it has are enough to enhance your dental health and thus if you are on budget but you will like to use this product or your dentist recommend an electric toothbrush, you may consider buying this model. Its affordability compensates for the features, which are available in higher models that are not included in this model. You can check out the Philips Sonicare HX6511/44 at Amazon.
- Brand: Philips
- Model: Philips Sonicare HX6511/44
- Types of product: electric toothbrush
- Power source: battery
- Types of battery: rechargeable battery
- Battery runtime: 3 weeks of usage twice per day or 42×2 minute brushing
- Compatible brush heads: ProResults, InterCare, Diamond and Sensitive
- Charging stand: 1
- Handle: 1 x HX6511
- Warranty: 1 year
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!