Any pressure washer will clean your patio, car or sidewalk better than a normal hose. And this is because pressure washers exert water at a high force, commonly known as the Pounds per square inch. However, pressure washers come in different sizes, which is why you need to learn more about them. Choosing the best light duty pressure washer, for instance, requires some bit of research so that you can be sure you will be spending your money on the most ideal machine.
Basically, a good pressure washer is one that doesn’t use much of your water but all the same, cleans different surfaces effectively. Below we have reviewed six of the best rated light duty pressure washers to help you get a wide variety of machines you can choose from. As you read, however, be keen to note the differences between a machine’s PSI and water flow rates, their ability to use normal cleaning solutions, and convenience features that would make you prefer one pressure washer over the other.
- 1 Top 6 Light Duty Pressure Washers
- 2 Light Duty Pressure Washers Comparison Table
- 3 What to Look for in the Best Light Duty Pressure Washer
- 4 Conclusion
Top 6 Light Duty Pressure Washers
AR Blue Clean AR112 Light Duty Pressure Washer
The AR Blue Clean light duty pressure washer is a machine that can significantly cut down the amount of time you spend maintaining your home’s compound. It supports 1600 Psi to start with, has a great water flow rate, and can literary clean all the surfaces you would want clean in your home. However, the machine is mainly efficient at clearing the gutters, cleaning cars, cleaning patios, masonry work, and cleaning second floor windows. Read below however to understand more about the pressure washer’s capabilities.
- Efficiency – The AR Blue model exerts 1600Psi while delivering water at a 1.2 Gal. per minute to enable the most efficient kind of cleaning for your car, sidewalk or windows. In total, the pressure washer achieves a cleaning power rate of 2528, which is powerful enough to eliminate dirt and grime in the most affected surfaces around your compound.
- Supported by a Powerful Induction Motor – The pressure washer features a 13 amp induction motor that reliably provides the power the machine needs to remain operational. The powerful motor also enables the machine to handle jobs often meant for medium duty machines like cleaning fences, decks or driveways.
- Compact and Strong Design – The 44.7 weighing pound pressure washer has a compact design to give you the best experience as you pull it around your compound. It is also supported by never flat wheels for easy maneuverability, plus it is generally small to save you on storage space.
- Built in Soap Tank – This machine features a separate soap tank to enable more efficient cleaning in heavy traffic areas, while it also comes with different nozzle types to support the different types of jobs you handle at home.
- Features a long 25 inch hose pipe for great convenience as you clean tall fences, trucks and other hard to reach areas.
GreenWorks GPW1950 Light Duty Pressure Washer
With a powerful induction motor and great ratings in multiple light duty pressure washer reviews, the Greenworks model looks like a perfect companion for anyone in need of an affordable yet efficient machine. The machine also features some competitive convenience features you would love your ideal pressure washer to have. Read below therefore and see its other main features.
- Powerful Induction Motor – Greenworks invested a great 13 amp induction motor on this pressure to enable consistent power delivery. The motor actually supplies water at 1950 Psi to enable you to eliminate almost any kind of grime or stains in your compound. On the other hand, the motor facilitates water delivery at a rate of 1.2 Gal. per minute, so that you don’t waste much of your water but achieve the efficiency you need.
- Features 4 different Nozzle types – The pressure washer features a 0 degree, 25 degree and a 40 degree nozzle to enable you to handle cars, patios or narrow areas with the most ideal types.
- Features a built in soap tank and foam sprayer – The pressure washer comes with an inbuilt soap tank in addition to a foam sprayer to help you eliminate grime from high traffic areas with ease. In addition, the machine has a sprayer wand to further enhance efficiency.
- Compact Design – The compact design is one of the best features in this Greenworks model. It enables you to push it and lift easily, even though it has a reel and wheels for better maneuverability. Also, the machine is relatively small in size to help you have more space in your garage.
- Features a long 25 inch hose and a further long electric cable to enable you to reach a large area around your compound. The hose also supports ultra-high pressure water and could last for long.
Ryobi ZRRY141600 Light Duty Pressure Washer
The Ryobi is one of the lightest pressure washers you can find on the market today. It is also one of the lightest at 19 pounds. When it comes to performance, however, the Ryobi model is highly efficient as it can deliver 1600Psi of force. But as you will note in the features highlighted below, this pressure washer is designed for simple transportation while enabling you to do the simple pressure washing jobs you have at home.
- Great Design – The pressure washer boasts of great and compact design from a highly rated manufacturer. On the outside, the 19 pound weighing machine is covered by a solid roll-cage frame design for maximum durability. On the other hand, the Ryobi model is modified accordingly to support easy maneuverability and not to forget easy storage.
- Designed for Versatility – While it is electric, the Ryobi pressure washer is built to hand a wide variety of jobs around your compound. It is designed to eliminate mud, for instance, clear unwanted paints, help your clean trucks as well as clean your gutters.
- High Performer – The Ryobi electric pressure washer is one of the best rated light duty pressure washers when it comes to performance. It supports 1600 PSI and has a strong 13 amp induction motor to make its power even more consistent.
- Easy to use – The Ryobi model is easy to set-up and generally very easy to use. It has few parts after all, and its major nozzles are not difficult to change or setup either. They are in fact supported by a professional metal spray and quick to connect couplers to make your connection work even easier. Again, the different nozzles that improve your efficiency while cleaning different surfaces make using the Ryobi model effortless.
- It features a long power cord and long hose to help you cover a wide area while you clean your patio and other surfaces.
Karcher K2 Compact Pressure Washer
The Karcher K2 is one of the best low budget pressure washers for anyone in need of a light duty machine. With its 1400watt motor, and the ability to supply water at 1600Psi, this is definitely an ideal pressure washer for cleaning cars, patios, and other general household jobs. However, the K2 is mostly popular for its unique convenience features, and especially its Vario spray wand and an ideal nozzle for cleaning the patio. Read below, all the same, to learn some more features about the machine.
- Compact and Light Design – Without accessories, this machine weighs 14.5 pounds only, and this can, in turn, help you do common household cleaning jobs with a lot of ease and efficiency as you can even lift it around.
- Convenient and affordable – In addition to being light, the pressure washer is also convenient. Its 35 foot power cord, for instance, when coupled with a 20-foot long hose enables you to reach high fences, second floor windows. Still, the machine comes with a corrosion resistant cable hook that helps keep the long hose in place while you are not using it.
- Efficient – Even when light and cheap, the K2 is able to handle your home’s main cleaning jobs with a lot of ease. It supports 1600 PSI after all and has a strong induction motor that ensures you get consistent power while you do all your power.
- Dirt blaster Spray Wand – The K2 boasts in a special spray wand that helps increase efficiency while cleaning the most stubborn stains around your compound. This special wand is, in fact, capable of increasing the machine’s efficiency rate by 50%, which is in other words 30 times the pressure produced by a typical hose.
- Vario Power Wand – Another special feature in this machine’s Vario spray wand that helps you switch in between cleaning at low and high pressures. It is a great feature, especially where you also need to dispense detergents at low pressure before applying higher pressures for more effective cleaning.
AR Blue Clean AR112S
You would never clean your car with sponge and water again once you meet the AR Blue AR112S. It looks beautiful, it is compact, rolls smoothly and cleans a small car efficiently in less than ten minutes. Furthermore, this pressure washer uses up to 5 times less water when cleaning your car or patio, making it one of the best machines to get great value from your cash. It is no wonder it is one of the best light duty pressure washers in the market today. All the same, read below to view its main features.
- Great Design – The AR112S Blue clean machine is probably the best designed pressure washers in the market today. It features a compact small design that is made stylish by the ingenious use of black, blue and grey color as well as its handle and wheels.
- And with the great handle and never-flat wheels, you get a machine that is also easy to push around. Still, the machine’s construction is strong and one meant to last for as long as possible.
- Efficient – The AR Blue model is unquestionably powerful and could handle almost any job commonly done by medium duty pressure washers. It supports 1500Psi with its powerful induction motor and delivers the water at a considerably high rate to ensure all forms of grime and stains are removed from your patio, fence or truck.
- Multiple Convenience Features – The AR Blue model comes with a few features that make it stand out from any other light duty you’ve probably seen. Its redesigned spray lance for instance, which enhances cleaning while handling high traffic areas achieves more efficiency than most machines can. It also features an onboard storage area to help you keep your accessories in place.
- Features a long power cord and long hose to help you increase your cover a wide reach.
The Greenworks GPW1602 pressure washer is a light duty machine best suited to clean your car, patio, clear your home’s gutter or handle masonry work. It is small in size, however, but comes with the advantage of being compatible with many attachments that can make cleaning even the most stubborn grime possible. The machine’s size, however, does make it appealing to anyone who loves light and easy to transport machines. Continue reading to learn more about the pressure washer’s features.
- Power Universal Motor – The Greenworks model features a rather powerful motor that is capable of delivering constant power at a Psi rating of 1600. At the same time, the motor facilitates a water delivery rate of 1.2 Gal. per minute, so that you can clean your car or sidewalk in the fastest time possible.
- Comes with an additional 400 nozzle type – The extra nozzle, while easy to connect facilitates cleaning of high traffic areas. On the other hand, the machine comes with an attachable detergent bottle to enable you to clean the most affected areas with ease.
- Convenient Onboard Storage area – You can always store the machine’s long power cord, spray gun, nozzles and spray wands onboard the machine and easily retrieve them whenever you need their services.
- Compact Design – The machine takes a compact design than not only enhances easy storage but also enables great maneuverability. Again, the machine’s design means you could place it either vertically or horizontally to get great stability.
- Strong and long power cord – The pressure washer features a 35 foot long power cord that is easy to connect on any outlet. On the other hand, it features a 20 foot long wear and tear resistant hose to help you reach even the highest of fences, or handle big patios.
Light Duty Pressure Washers Comparison Table
|PRODUCT NAME||PSI||MAX VOLUME||NOZZLES||CORD||HOSE|
|GreenWorks GPW1950||1950||1.2 gpm||0, 25, 40 degree nozzle tips||35′||25′|
|Ryobi ZRRY14160||1600||1.2 gpm||15 degree, soap and turbo||30′||20′|
|AR Blue Clean AR112||1600||1.58 gpm||Adjustable Spray Lance||30′||20′|
|Karcher K2||1600||1.25 gpm||Vario Wand, Dirtblaster Wand||35′||20′|
|AR Blue Clean AR112S||1500||1.4 gpm||Adjustable Spray Lance||35′||20′|
|GreenWorks GPW1602||1600||1.2 gpm||40 degree and Turbo quick connect nozzle||35′||20′|
What to Look for in the Best Light Duty Pressure Washer
Basically, any pressure washer will have two connection points, one where you connect your machine to a standard hose and the point where the machine meets its high pressure hose. Usually, the components found between these two connection points are what determine how good your machine will be. In the case of light duty pressure washers for instance, a good machine will have the following features.
Most of the best light duty pressure washers feature an axial pump. Axial pumps are less powerful compared to the triplex counterparts but are all the same good enough to handle the basic cleaning needs you want around your compound. On average, a good light duty machine will have a cleaning force of 1500 Psi and an average water delivery rate of 1.2 Gal. per minute. To get the overall cleaning power, however, you will need to multiply the Psi rating and the water delivery rate.
Brushes and Nozzles
While finding a powerful pressure washer is important, it might not be effective if it comes with nozzle types that don’t fit the types of jobs you have at home. Different machines will come with different nozzle types, and it is, therefore, important to understand which ones fit our ideal work. A machine that comes with a squeegee as an attachment would, for instance, help you greatly in cleaning your car’s windows. A machine with a rotating brush, on the other hand, would also help you clean the high traffic area or the hard to reach surfaces.
Design and Convenience
In addition to getting a powerful and ideal pressure washer, look at the designs and convenience features that would better your experience while using the specific pressure washer. You may want to find a machine with a strong and compact body for instance, as such pressure washer tends to last for longer. Check the weight and availability of wheels to help you push the machine around because you will probably be cleaning wide areas around your compound.
After viewing some of the best light duty pressure washers in the market today, it shouldn’t be a difficult decision to make on what machine to buy. Most other pressure washers out there have the same basics, after all, only that they may be less durable, less powerful or lack some of the most important features a great pressure washer should have.