A good lawn mower is a must if you want to maintain the yard in pristine condition. The good folks at Black and Decker have created a machine that will definitely be quite practical when it comes to the execution of the task. Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB is popular among buyers because of the excellent price to quality ratio.
Is Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB 36V 2.0Ah Lawn Mower the right one for you? The following comprehensive review will shed some light on its most important characteristics and a few of the shortcomings mentioned in buyer testimonials.
Does it Work?
Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB is a cordless lawn mower for added convenience.
It’s powered by a lithium ion battery and the set consists of two. Thus, if one battery isn’t sufficient to get the job done, you can always switch to the second one.
This Black and Decker lawn mower is advertised as a machine suitable for use in gardens of up to 600 square metres.
There are six height settings to choose among and the lawn mower is equipped with a 35-litre grass box. Thus, you’ll be free from having to empty the box frequently. All of these characteristics add to the convenience and make the lawn mower a great pick.
Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB 36V 2.0Ah Biggest Advantages
People who bought Black and Decker CLM3820L2 Lawn Mower were incredibly happy with its functioning and the available adjustments. Most of the customer reviews are positive and here are some of the most frequently mentioned benefits:
- Compact and functional design: the lawn mower’s weight is only 15 kilograms. The battery itself doesn’t add an awful lot to the weight. An integrated lifting handle is available for added convenience. The main handle is retractable, simplifying the storage of the lawn mower in a smaller garden shed.
- Six height adjustments: depending on the lawn’s specifics and on individual preferences, you can choose among six height settings. These are in the range from 30 to 80 millimetres. There’s also a 38-centimetre cutting deck that gets the job done quickly.
- Safety features: apart from doing an excellent job when it comes to cutting the grass of small to medium-sized lawns,Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB is equipped with a range of safety features. There’s a two-hand safe start mechanism and automatic shut off if you let go of the switch.
- Slow battery discharge: in comparison to other battery types, lithium ion batteries have a very slow discharge rate. Approximately 80 per cent of the charge will be retained, even if the batteries aren’t used in a period of up to 90 days.
- Easy to lift, easy to store: the integrated carry handle simplifies the task of transporting the lawn mower from one garden spot to another. Because the design is very compact, the lawn mower can be stored in even the tiniest garden shed.
- Quiet motor: in comparison to lawn mowers that are powered by fuel, this one has an incredibly silent motor. People that have used Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB 36V 2.0Ah Lawn Mower for some time report that its functioning is non-disturbing.
- Several indicators available: the lawn mower features a charge indicator that lets you know how much time you have left to get the job done. There’s also a grass bin indicator that you can use to determine when the bin will have to be emptied.
A Few Shortcomings with the Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB
Though most reviews are positive, buyers have a couple of shortcomings to mention about their experience. Here are some of the cons that appear in more than one buyer testimonial:
- Expensive: when compared to traditional electric or fuel-powered lawn mowers, this one is a bit expensive. The additional charge can be attributed to the lithium ion battery kit included in the purchase. Most people who bought the mower, however, reported that it was worth the additional expenditure.
- Heavier than corded lawn mowers: in comparison to corded lawn mowers, this one is a bit heavier. A little bit of force will have to be exercised to manoeuvre the machine.
Black and Decker CLM3820L2-GB makes use of innovative technology to increase convenience and simplify the grass cutting process. The lithium ion batteries are an important improvement that makes it possible to enjoy a powerful, yet cordless lawn mower.
The powerful motor, silent functioning and safety features far outweigh the few shortcomings that buyers have identified. This is an excellent product that’s easy to use in a smaller garden and definitely worth a purchase.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!