You’re interested in buying a Bosch lawnmower but the company has a vast range of models for its clients to choose among. This consumer report will outline the best and some of the worst characteristics of the Bosch Rotak 40 Ergoflex.
Does It Work?
Bosch Rotak 40 is an electric lawnmower, thus there is a power cord. The characteristic makes the model suitable for small to medium-sized gardens and backyards. It’s a relatively lightweight mower (12.3 kilograms), which enables the user to manoeuvre it around the backyard effortlessly.
The motor is fast and powerful (3600 rpm). The torque increases progressively as the intelligent mechanism senses more load. There’s a 15-metre cable, grass combs for better cutting and 10 height adjustments ranging between 20 and 70 millimetres.
Finally, this model is equipped with an extra-large grass box. Its capacity is 50 litres of cut grass, which means the individual using the mower will have to empty the box rather infrequently.
Bosch Rotak 40 Ergoflex is a quality piece of landscaping equipment. Many consumer reviews contain information about its biggest advantages and here’s a summary of the most important ones:
- Capable of mowing in all kinds of conditions: some buyers tried the mower on wet, tougher grass and they were still impressed with the results. The motor is powerful enough to guarantee excellent cutting regardless of the length and the toughness of the grass.
- Easy to manoeuvre: all family members can use the lawnmower because it’s lightweight and easy to manoeuvre. The Bosch Rotak 40 can easily be pushed uphill or used extensively without causing fatigue.
- Easy to store in a small space: the handle can fold, making the machine very compact. This simplifies the storage since Bosch Rotak 40 Ergoflex will require just a little bit of space.
- Auto cut off safety feature: the safety features of the lawnmower are also outstanding. Bosch Rotak 40 has an automatic cut off feature in case the motor overheats. There is also a 60-second cool down period before the user can attempt turning the lawnmower on again. These safety features protect the motor and ensure the longevity of the lawnmower.
- Quality Bosch Ergoflex design: many buyers were happy with the ergonomic nature of the Ergoflex design. The machine is easy to use and very comfortable. It can be operated either with one or two hands. There’s also adjustable working height, enabling both taller and shorter individuals to feel comfortable with the lawnmower.
- Silent functioning: electric lawnmowers are typically known for being silent and Bosch Rotak 40 is no exception. The mower doesn’t cause excessive amounts of noise, thus the landscaping process is not going to interfere with other outdoor activities.
A Few Shortcomings
Most people that bought this lawnmower were happy with the quality and the functionalities. Still, to make the report comprehensive, we’ve researched the commonly mentioned shortcomings. A few issues come up in more than one consumer review:
- Price: when compared to other electric lawnmowers, Bosch Rotak 40 is slightly expensive. The quality of the machine and its longevity, however, justify the somewhat higher initial price.
- Problems with the assembly: some of the individuals that bought the lawnmower were not happy with the quality of the assembly instructions and needed some assistance to put the machine together.
- Grass box quality: since the grass box is made out of plastic, some reviewers were concerned about its durability.
Bosch Rotak 40 is an excellent piece of landscaping equipment for smaller and medium-sized lawn. The mower has a powerful motor, which is its most prominent and beneficial characteristic. The ergonomic design and the silent functioning of the lawnmower also classify among its biggest advantages.
With technology changing year on year there has been some great developments regarding the Bosch cordless lawn mowers that are available to buy right now. They are more expensive but the thought of not having to mess around with the cable (which is a nuisance to say the least) cordless mowing has to be the way to go.
- Related post: Flymo Chevron 34VC Electric Lawnmower Review
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!