If you can spend between $60-$100 for a bread maker, then you just found the best one. The CBK-100 makes horizontal 1-pound, 1.5-pounds, and 2-pounds loaves in just two hours. It has a large viewing window, three color crust options, and 12 pre-programmed settings. Coming from the best brands in the industry, this is one durable and dependable bread machine. And to prove that, it has a three-year limited warranty. It won’t offer three years if its craftmanship and materials are close to perfect.
It’s easy to use; you just have to add ingredients and select the time you’d like it to start rolling. It will do the mixing, kneading, and baking for you. Imagine putting less effort! It also comes with lots of bread recipes to keep you interested and encouraged. Plus, it’s easy to clean up since the removable pan and paddle, cup, and spoon are safe inside your dishwasher.
For a more comprehensive review, allow me to give you its specifications, features, pros, cons, and the customers’ feedback.
|Product Dimensions||18 x 12.2 x 15 inches|
|Capacity||1 lb., 1.5 lb., and 2 lbs.|
|Item Weight||18.2 pounds|
|Item Model Number||CBK-100|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.2 out of 5 stars|
The CBK-100 has 12 pre-programmed settings for you; they are: Basic/White bread, French/Italian, Whole Wheat Bread, Sweet Bread, Gluten-free, Packaged Mix, Cake/Quick Bread, Dough, Pasta Dough, Jam, Bake-Only, and Rapid Bake. The Rapid Bake function is worth re-mentioning because it greatly reduces the time to bake your loaf. CBK-100 also lets you choose the crust color of your bread. It can either be light, medium, or dark. In addition, this bread maker has an automatic keep warm function which allows your bread to stay warm even after the baking cycle has ended for an hour. You will know it’s on the warm cycle mode after hearing 15 beeps.
You can also pause the cycle when you have to add the extra ingredients like nuts, fruits, and shredded cheese. The handles are also great because they stay cool, allowing it to be transferred or moved easily even if the bread machine is still warm. And of course, we all love a 13-hour delay timer feature which is also available in this bread maker.
Why Should You Buy The Conair Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker?
The answer is pretty simple—it’s safe, easy to use, and a great addition to your kitchen. It is equipped with a power failure backup system which will also remember what it used to do when the power supply was disrupted. It can maintain memory for a power failure up to 15 minutes. Making bread with the CBK-100 won’t be difficult anymore.
Cuisinart products are known to help you make delicious foods for the rest of your happy life. Try this one and you won’t be disappointed.
- Easy to clean because the pan, paddle, cup, and spoon are dishwasher safe and the removable lid and touchpad control can be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Reasonably priced
- It makes a gluten-free bread
- Has stay-cool handles
- Includes a recipe booklet for all 12 settings
- Well-designed and easy to use
- Has a nonstick loaf pan and kneading paddle
- Has a viewing window lid
- Gluten-free setting is for a 1.5-pound loaf size only
- You cannot customize the knead, rise, and bake times.
- Its manual does not state the bread program duration.
What Are Customers Saying About It?
- Several customers said they would recommend this bread machine.
- It’s very user-friendly. Just put in the ingredients in the listed order, press the program button and the size/crust options and forget.
- It looks sleek and modern, with good build quality.
- You won’t hear any clanking as the machine mixes the ingredients.
- A customer mentioned, “My favorite feature is the beeps that alert you that it’s time to take the paddle out.”
- It produces bread that has a nice, warm and soft texture with a crunchy crust on the sides and flaky crust on top.
- Directions were clear and the touch pad is very user-friendly.
- They say it’s a fabulous buy for the price.
- Another customer even remarked, “Best investment I’ve made in such a long time, honestly, you cannot go wrong with this bread machine.”
- The build quality is exceptional and the stainless finish makes the machine very attractive.
- “Moderately noisy when mixing the dough. Not overwhelmingly so and not enough to take a star off,” one customer reviewed.
- The paddle isn’t durable.
- They have poor customer service.
- The outside is not stainless steel, even though it looks like it is in pictures. It’s gray-ish painted metal.
- You cannot stop the machine midway through baking; it will restart the whole process.
- The digital screen gives no indication of a mistake made, so if you skip a step (like choosing a crust color) it will make the preset one rather than remind you to make a selection.
- The mixing phase is loud.
The CBK-100 have minor drawbacks compared to what it can offer. It’s extremely popular for its gluten-free setting, actually. It’s one of the best on the market and one proof of that is its rating on Amazon—it’s the 3rd bestselling bread maker. It may be loud for some, but if you turn up your music a little louder, you can bear with the CBK-100. Still, weigh the pros and cons. As for me, all I know is with this one, making bread will take less time and effort.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!