The Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle is a fully loaded bike which is perfect for gentle bike rides and commutes. 🙂 It comes fitted with a lightweight aluminum road frame, drop handlebars and a Schwinn road fork which all combine to ensure that you have a smooth, bump free ride.
In addition to this, the 14 speed Shimano drivetrain with responsive A0505 shifters and lightweight alloy cranks allows you to maintain a high cycling speed at all times.
The Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle also comes fitted with a comfortable Schwinn Quality padded saddle for a smooth cycle and a kickstand which allows you to easily prop your bike up whenever you decide to take a break from cycling. The bike is finished in an eye catching, red design which is subtle yet visually appealing.
- 700c deep dish alloy wheels for lightweight cycling.
- 14 speed Shimano drivetrain with responsive A050 road shifters and lightweight alloy cranks for fast, responsive gear changes.
- Aluminum road frame for lightweight cycling.
- Clips and straps for the pedals to keep your feet secure.
- Drop handlebars with padded tape for optimum comfort.
- Dual pivot road brakes with alloy levers which provide fast, efficient stopping power.
- Kickstand which allows you to easily balance the bike whenever you take a break.
- Schwinn road fork.
- Schwinn Quality padded saddle for optimum comfort.
1) Lightweight: The Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle is an extremely lightweight bike. It has an aluminum road frame which is complemented by lightweight cranks and lightweight alloy wheels. This makes it really easy to handle and also allows it to pick up pace very quickly.
2) Comfortable: Although the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle has a number of lightweight, aluminum parts and comes fitted with fairly slim tires, it stands up to bumps and uneven surfaces surprisingly well. For a road bike, it’s pretty smooth and gives you a very comfortable ride.
3) Low Price: Being lightweight and comfortable are not normally things you would associate with a bike that costs less than $250. However, the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle gives you all this at a very good price. If you are on a budget, this is definitely a bike to consider.
4) Stylish Design: Despite the low price, the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle does not look cheap and is very easy on the eyes. The red handlebars are eye catching and make this bike stand out while the splashes of red across the frame and the subtle use of red text come together to create a beautiful design that is sure to get you lots of positive comments.
1) Poor Quality Tires: The main problem with the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle is the tires that come with it. They are constructed from pretty poor quality material and as a result are very brittle and susceptible to blow outs. If you purchase this bike, you will need to replace the tires which adds to the overall cost.
Overall, the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle is a brilliant bike. The only let down is the tires but once you have replaced these it will serve you well. It’s lightweight, comfortable, stylish, pretty nippy and outperforms many bikes that are twice the price. If your budget can stretch to $250 plus the cost of replacement tires, the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle is definitely a worthwhile investment
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!