Sonocaddie’s V300 model, having been around for a couple of years, has been well tried and tested in the market place, and consistently gains good reviews across the board. It is highly regarded as a good value, reliable and easy to use model which compares very favourably against its competitors.
- Detailed course information showing every curve, contour, slope and sandtrap.
- Precise position and distance measuring shows your exact position on the course and displays distances to the hole you are playing, or indeed any hazards on the green. Updates are then made continually as you move to subsequent stroke locations.
- Editing and Mapping facilities enable you to personalise your course information, easily changing or deleting reference points as the course changes over time. This can prove particularly useful for mapping temporary winter greens, the filling of bunkers, and the like.
- Green views display the distance to the green from any point on the course, even without a clear line of sight, helping you to minimize poor shot selections.
- The distance calculator gives you immediate feedback on your distances with any club. Simply use the mark button, walk to your ball, then press again, and your distance will be stored.
- The Digital scorecard does away with the need for paper and pencil as the Sonocaddie calculates your score as you go along at the simple touch of a button, then its game analysis facility will present a summary of your round, and analyze statistics and the score with calculated rational and percentage.
- Game tracking facilities record the location of each shot on the screen and can trace waypoints during the round. Information can be stored allowing you to review your round and each shot at a later date.
Simply register with Sonocaddie, choose one of the membership packages available, then download the course you want, via a PC (Apple Mac is not compatible). With 20,000 courses mapped worldwide, it’s easy to check on Sonocaddie’s website whether your preferred course is included.
The V300 model can store data on 30 courses and 100 rounds simultaneously.
Unlimited UK course downloads are available free of charge through the “Birdie membership” currently available to UK and Northern Island users, with a £3 charge for each worldwide course downloaded. Alternately, for a one off payment of £25, “Eagle membership” entitles you to unlimited course downloads in both the UK and worldwide.
The Sonocaddie V300 has proved itself a reliable choice with a proven track record. It is lightweight, waterproof, and is easy to operate- even one handed. Its rechargeable lithium battery will hold its charge for up to 15 hours, and its backlit colour screen is easily readable even in bright conditions.
Sonocaddie’s supporting website is easy to navigate, making finding out which courses are included and then downloading your chosen ones simple and quick. If your preferred course is not included, contact Sonocaddie and they will map it for you, free of charge.
It must be noted that Sonoccadie has now updated its range to include the V500 model which, for a slightly higher cost, boasts several added features. That said, the V300 still represents excellent value for your money, and remains a very useful piece of golfing kit.
- Yardage guide with Course layout
- Distance Calculator
- Green View
- Digital Scorecard and Game Analysis
- Personalised Course Information
- Stores up to 30 Courses
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!