Slow cookers today have become an indispensable appliance in the kitchen; it serves a great deed for healthy cooking and suits even the busy families. Breville is a familiar household name that exists since 1980 and the highlight of the brand is that it works in close partnership with a celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson and together which been the start of the series of products in different segments and they also cater to live up to the expectation of the consumers. The following review is about Breville ITP139 Stainless Steel 6.5L Slow Cooker which generates more details about the product along with its pros and cons of practical usage.
This model is prominent with its design and finish as the housing has a stainless steel finish which gives a polished effect. The appliance is round in shape which in general has an edge over the other shapes like square, rectangle and even oval as the round shape one is easy for cleaning and maintenance together it also gives more space for cooking.
In contrasted combination with black colour for the control panel, handles, the lid rim and the lid knob adds to its beauty. It is sure to bring a style statement to the kitchen. However the control knob in the different shade is seen to be an odd thing when noted.
Capacity and Controls:
The capacity of Breville ITP139 Round Slow Cooker dictates the size of the appliance and it shows the capacity of 6.5 litres. This serves the large families and can also be used for the smaller amount of cooking giving is a lavish space and hence possible that the food gets tendered more quickly. The control panel consists of the rotary knob and an indicator light. The knob allows setting the functions which is operated manually. The available options are low, high and auto settings.
- Low – In case of this selection the food cooks in its own pace and if required to be used for the later part of the day it has to be programmed in the morning and while you return home in the evening it gives freshly cooked food to relish.
- High – The high function utilises high power for tendering the food and it can be opted during the time crunch days. It is also best in bringing out the results and the food is ready to relish.
- Auto – The auto function works automatically and when it is set in this mode the food is been cooked without over or under doing. It also allows the user to stay without tensions and generally in this mode it initially cooks in the high temperature and towards the end comes to the low temperature mode. It works by sensing the moisture level in the food. This auto cook function can also be used to cook for the whole day when you are out for work.
Other Product Specifics:
- Tempered Close fitting glass lid which is a see through type and allows you to follow the cooking process in a lavish view is an advantage. It also gets closely fitted without any loss of steam.
- Cool touch handles and the lid knob makes handling the appliance fearless. It is made to heat resistant material which withstands in high temperature. This cool touch feature allows withdrawing the appliance from its place any time and even just as the cooking is completed.
- Removable ceramic pot for serving convenience and the cleaning convenience is another value addition to this model.
- Power on indicator intimates the functioning of the appliance and it notes the cooking process and its completion at a reasonable distance without getting much close to the appliance. It also helps in troubleshooting as it does not illuminate when there is no proper power supply to the cooker.
Overall, Breville ITP139 Round Slow Cooker is great when applied to tendering foods, stews and use as casserole. This makes it a stylish one along with the user friendliness and adds health to the meal.
Breville ITP139 Specifications
|Model Name||ITP139 Stainless Steel 6.5L Slow Cooker|
|Bowl type||Ceramic removable|
|Finish||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Heat settings||Low, high and auto setting|
|Controls||Rotary control with indicator|
|Product Features||Tempered Close fitting glass lid
Cool touch handles
Temperature control dial
Removable ceramic pot for serving
Power on indicator
|Lid type||Transparent glass with center handle|
|Suitable for||Tendering foods, stews and use as casserole|
- Related post: Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel Cookware Review
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!