Fancy a great way to spend the weekend? Why not hold an outdoor barbecue cookout with your friends at your very own backyard? It’s time to throw on the apron and bring out your trusty charcoal barbecue grill to smoke out those baby back ribs, burgers, chicken breast appetizers and other delicious hors d oeuvres that you may want to serve to your hungry guests. If you plan to hold big backyard bashes or neighborhood cookouts that tend to draw a crowd of your closes friends and family, you may find that the Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill/Smoker helpful in your grilling needs.
Product features and specifications
Your small charcoal grill will not have the capacity to prepare barbequed food for a large number of guests. You must find an extra large charcoal grill that will allow you to grill a large quantity of food all at the same time. With over 1,000 square inches of total grilling area, the Outlaw has more cooking space compared to any grill sold on the market. Built in the traditional barrel style, the grill allows you to cook your meat evenly and lock in that rich, smoky flavor that will surely make mouths water! The Outlaw is definitely among the best charcoal grills in the market.
The Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill/Smoker has the following features:
- A total of 1065 square inches in total cooking area (725 square inches for the main grill and 340 square inches for the warming rack)
- Iron-cast cooking grates that allow you to heat food evenly to lock in flavor
- Heavy steel construction with a double bottom that will ensure years of trusted use
- Adjustable fire grate to control the temperature of your foods
- Built-in airtight hood with heat gauge
- Large round legs that offer sturdy support
- 3 convenience shelves to keep all your utensils in one place
- Powder coat finish
- Measures 49 by 29 by 50 inches and weighs about 111 pounds
- Large cooking area. The Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill/Smoker’s main selling point is its large cooking space, which is larger than most of the current grills in the market. In fact, this charcoal grill can cook large quantities of food to feed a big crowd.
- Nonstick cooking grates. The cast iron grates have a nonstick surface that allows grilled entrees to come off easily, without leaving any residue. Even fish will not stick to the cooking grates, making cleanup a breeze.
- Cleanup is a snap. Cleaning the Char-Griller 2137 is easy. All you need is to brush the grill with a brush with brass teeth and wipe it down with special covered paper towel. You don’t have to tip over the entire grill to empty out the ashes because the Outlaw comes with easy dump ash pans that allow you to clean up the ashes without making a mess.
- Barrel-style design makes it easier to manipulate coals for indirect cooking. You can easily add coals to the grill without removing the entire grate.
- Built-in heat gauge. The Outlaw’s airtight flanged hood, which makes the meat soak up that rich smoky flavor, has a built-in heat gauge so you know exactly how high must you keep the temperature up to smoke your baby back ribs.
- Convenience shelves and work table. The Outlaw has 3 convenience shells that can store sauces, spices, cooking utensils and other grilling necessities. The large wooden tray in front of the smoker can also act as a work table for additional room.
- Multiple add-ons. You can keep your grilled back ribs warm with the Outlaw’s additional warming rack. You can also use the optional firebox to turn your griller into a smoker, ready to make some Texas-style barbecue.
- Cheaper than other big charcoal grills. The Outlaw costs only less than $240 so you do not have to break a bank to pay for these features.
[su_button url=”https://amzn.to/3sGGzRu” target=”blank” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ rel=”nofollow”]Buy from Amazon[/su_button]
- Lack of airflow control. The Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill/Smoker needs airflow control that will allow you to shut down and extinguish the coals like some of its competitors like the Weber One Touch Silver.
- Longer warm-up and cooling down times. Because of its large size, the Outlaw takes much longer to heat up and to cool down than other barbecue grills.
- Assembly is needed. Assembly time of the grill is roughly around 45 minutes.
- Small side fire box. The side fire box of the Outlaw is quite small for regular sized logs and you may have to trim the logs when using them.
The Char-Griller 2137Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill/Smoker is the perfect charcoal grill to use for neighborhood cookouts, whether for a small group of people or for large crowds. With its large cooking space and additional shelves and work table, it gives you enough room to work on your grilling, making it very convenient for you. No need to worry about burning your meat; everything is under control with the Outlaw’s adjustment fire grate. Outdoor barbecues will now become an easier feat for you with the Char-Griller Outlaw grill.