Do you have chlorinated water that is bothersome to you when you take a shower? Are you looking for a compact showerhead that will also filter the water for you so that your showering experience can be more consistent? Unlike other filtered showerheads that incorporate a separate filtering unit and a showerhead that is extended below it, the Culligan WSH-C125 showerhead features a filter and showerhead all-in-one of standard length. It’s also priced right, at just over $25 on sites like Amazon.
The Features of the Culligan Filtered Showerhead
The primary feature of this showerhead, outside of its ability to filter out chlorine and some hard water minerals, is the fact that it is incredibly easy to install. The filter goes inside the showerhead and then you twist on everything! No tools are needed unless your existing showerhead happens to be stuck on your fixture.
In addition, these other features are worth considering:
- a 10,000 gallon capacity filter helps to remove scale from your water as well if you have lime issues;
- anti-clog water jets will deliver a consistent shower every day and if you happen to notice any build-up, the showerhead itself is easy to clean; and
- this showerhead is NSF certified and comes with a 5 year warranty upon purchase.
The Advantages of the Culligan Filtered Showerhead
The primary advantage we noticed with this unit, outside of the fact that it fits into the value priced category, is the fact that it will also reduce sulphur fumes from your water. Many filtered showerheads today are specifically targeted to chlorine or specific minerals and to find a multi-faceted filter that is so effective at this price is both unusual and quite welcoming.
These other advantages are worth considering too:
- 5 unique spray settings are available on this showerhead, including a very effective massage setting;
- the spray face is nearly 5 inches across as well, letting you have a full body experience with this showerhead even though it is a filtered unit; and
- the classic styling of the fixture allows it to work within many bathrooms from a visual standpoint.
The primary issue we could see developing with this showerhead is its weight. The filter within the showerhead itself creates a weight discrepancy that some bathroom plumbing fixtures just weren’t made to withstand. Some users may need to reinforce their plumbing over time, especially if this unit is being installed in a home built before 1990.
Overall this showerhead is going to provide you with a lot of value for a very minimal investment. That investment is backed up by a 5 year warranty and you get to customize your showering experience. With regular changing of the filter, even people with hard water can enjoy a better shower every day! That’s why this showerhead is well worth considering.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!