The DEWALT DW717 is a saw that will work great for most people. Not everyone needs a 12 inch blade, so a 10 is most common. This machine from DEWALT will work great for anyone. It contains all of the major features for anything you want to do.
For those people who don’t need a 12 inch blade for the larger cuts, you may consider checking out the DEWALT DW717. While it isn’t as fully featured as some of the other products in it’s line, it will still likely be able to handle most of the cuts that you are going to want to make.
Is there anything that makes the DW717 special?
So you must be asking – what is so special about this miter saw? There are a ton of options out there, so filtering through the noise to make a good choice can be tiresome. With this one, you are going to be loving bevel cuts. With this one, you can make cuts anywhere between 0 and 48 degrees, which is plenty for the majority of projects out there. It also saves you from having to flip your cut – and instead just flip the saw. This makes things much easier to get done.
If you don’t want something that needs some major adjustments when getting, you will be pleased here. Most people upon arrival are able to use the DW717 out of the box without adjustments. There are a few people who needed to make a few changes, but overall the sentiment is good in this area. It can take some time to dial it in if you want the blade a specific way – and this saves time.
Pros & Cons of DEWALT DW717 10-Inch
- Tall fencing and rails make bevel cuts easy.
- Increase big job capacity with an increase in bevel cuts functionality
- Laser system which allows you to see where you are going
- Simple design which still contains all the bells and whistles
- Dust collection not up to par
- Stock blade not very good
- Some people have reported sticky sliders, making it difficult to move sometimes
What feature set are you getting?
This DEWALT comes with a variety of options. Here is what you will get:
- 7 stop system for making precise and repeatable cuts for bevels
- Detent plate which has 11 positive stops
- Cross – cut stops which aids in vertical accuracy
- Dual horizontal rails to help with sliding
- Tail fence which helps with base and crown molds
- Easy to assemble, for a miter saw
Should you buy it?
Truthfully, this is a great miter saw. However, we think there are better products out there. For this price, we think that looking at a few of the others in the price range, or looking at some of the other options that cost a bit more is worth doing. You are likely going to be using this for a long time, so we think spending a bit more for a product which does more is the best option. This is especially true for dust collection. This is one thing that we just didn’t like here. Will you be happy with the product? Most likely. Would you be more happy with something that is better – without a doubt.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!