Miter saws are an essential tool for carpentry work but not all types will fit to your specific needs as a consumer. This review will cover up all the capabilities and disadvantages of the Dewalt DW716 Double Bevel Miter Saw giving you an idea whether this saw is for you. Continue reading and learn why most people find this a saw worth giving a try.
Don’t worry about product reliability and build quality. This product is made under the brand name of DeWalt, a brand that has been making miter saws for quite some time and has made a name for themselves in the business. The brand specializes in hardware materials giving you assurance that this product is a long lasting piece of tool.
Why prefer the DeWalt DW716 double bevel miter saw
- 15-amp motor – this saw packs a lot of strength being powered by a 15-amp motor. You can basically cut through any type of wood with accuracy and smooth finishes.
- Safety – even if you’re a person in the business for a long time, accidents are still inevitable. Since you are dealing with heavy objects and a sharp cutting blade rotating at 3,600 rpm, safety is a main priority for miter saws. You basically have a blade guard that is in sync with the arm of the saw. Once you place the blade down, the guards move up and protects your hand, pull the blade back up and the blade guards drop back to place.
- Portability – blades, heavy metal components and a motor are all cramped up on a miter saw making it usually heavy. The Dewalt DW716 Double Bevel Miter Saw is specially designed as to maximize portability with an average weight of 44 pounds. It is not the lightest miter saw out there but it is still under a manageable weight for easy portability.
- 12 inch blade – Keep in mind that the larger the blade, the higher the maximum cutting height capacity. The 12 inch blade allows you to cut a maximum height of 6 and a half inches with safety fences of 5 and one-fourth inches in height.
- Blade stops – since you are dealing with hard wood and a strong motor, it is going to be a problem to be in control while you maneuver your blade to get those tricky cuts. A small jiggle on the hand and you have yourself a jagged and inaccurate finish to your word work. The use of premade blade stops that lock the blade in common positions while you apply force prevents any unwanted movement giving you accurate and desired results. The saw mainly has 11 stops for miter cutting and 7 different bevel stop angles.
The only thing wrong with the DW716
Despite all the high quality parts this saw is made from, there is one part that was left behind. The throat plate of the saw is made from cheap plastic which wears so fast after a few uses. Something you would not expect from an expensive machine made from DeWalt. Though this is easily fixed by a simple part replacement and doesn’t cost that much.
What’s on the package?
The Dewalt DW716 Double Bevel Miter Saw is a compact yet powerful miter saw surely to accomplish any carpentry needs and comes with a slashed down price of $347.99. Along with the tool comes a long term relationship with the company through their 3 year limited warranty guarantying non-stop service from unforeseen factory damages. It also comes with a year worth of service contract and a 90 day money back guarantee to assure you that this tool meets up to its price.
The tool itself performs extraordinarily, but get the best out of it by setting it up properly. The standard procedure is the same as any other miter saw setups. Nail, screw or lock the miter saw on a compatible stand. Mount the piece of wood to be worked, lock the miter table, and adjust the fences and lock the desired bevel angle and you will surely to get clean cuts without much strain or effort.
To whom is this best suited for?
This is designed to be a portable device but did not risk the blade size for maximum cutting sizes. The Dewalt DW716 Double Bevel Miter Saw is a recommended saw for on the field workers who carry around their own tools but maybe too much for people who only consider wood working as a hobby.
What the people are saying
The Dewalt DW716 Double Bevel Miter Saw lives in a family of saw cutters and this one received a lot of hype in the industry lately and has been the top selling miter saw at one time. People recommend this saw because of accurate and smooth cuts which everybody is looking for, along with multiple safety standards and long lasting high quality components.
With the Dewalt DW716 Double Bevel Miter Saw, you are guaranteed to have the best miter saw in its price range. Safe, easy and highly dependable in all situations. Its compact and lightweight design ensures to prevent body strains before the real work starts. All the locks and safety capabilities makes it recommended for both beginners and professionals alike in the business.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!