Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer, model 313A is an environmentally safe alternative to mopping floors with detergents and harsh chemicals, this unit works with water straight from the tap. The pivoting steam head delivers up to 212 degree F steam that sanitizes and degreases, and when used properly will not strip the finish from flooring.
The Eureka Enviro has been designed primarily for use on wood, granite, laminate, marble and other hard SEALED surfaces. (NOTE: Steam vacs and mops are NEVER recommended on unsealed wood floors and care must still be exercised on other surfaces.) Because the Eureka Enviro releases a constant stream of steam (no trigger activation), finishes can be damaged by allowing the unit to sit on flooring unattended (resting tray is provided for extra protection). Exposing any flooring surface to no more than 10-15 seconds of steam (in any one spot) is highly recommended. Sample cleaning should be conducted if the end user is not sure of the seals on flooring.
The Eureka Enviro has a 12 ½ inch wide head which results in less swipes and significant time savings even when cleaning large floor areas. The head pivots for greater maneuverability into corners and other hard to reach areas.
The Enviro is simple to maintain. The cotton cleaning pads are machine washable, though they are prone to some shrinkage, especially if machine dried. For best results, allow pads to air dry after machine washing. The water tank should be rinsed out once a month (water only, no vinegar or other decalcifiers should be used) to prevent calcium deposits from forming.
Floors must be prepared by sweeping or vacuuming before steam mop use as some pet hair, and larger pieces of debris may remain on floor after cleaning, (a steam mop is not a vacuum unit!) Pick up as you go, or sweep again after the floor dries to bypass this issue.
- Hard-surface floor steamer offers chemical free cleaning and sanitizing.
- 6-1/2 amp motor
- Indicator light for water levels
- Preheating/cool-down tray for safety
- Adjustable-height handle
- 12-1/2-inch wide cleaning head
- 25 foot cord.
- Lightweight design: 7.5 pounds in weight
- Cloth pads secured with teethed clips
- Measures 7d by 12-1/2w by 49h inches
What’s in the Box:
- Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer,313A
- Resting tray (to protect floors when not in active use)
- Measuring cup
- 2 steam pads
1-year limited warranty
Recently found on Amazon for 59.59. Other online vendor prices range from $65-$75.
- Chemical free sanitizing and cleaning.
- Highly maneuverable.
- Head pivots for greater access to difficult to reach areas.
- Clip on pads stay in place unlike some models with stick-ons that come loose with steam pressure.
- Holds generous amount of water—good for about 20 minutes of steam mopping.
- Solidly built.
- Handle is tall and removable, so that you can use steamer unit as handheld.
- No push trigger, steam is emitted in constant fashion.
- Large cleaner head: 12 ½ inches wide.
- On/Off switch at foot level.
- Can stand by self thanks to locking handle.
- Uses tap water, designed not to clog up with calcium deposits (in hard water areas distilled water use IS recommended).
- Water puddles and too fast consumption of water reported on first couple of uses by some reviewers. Problem seems to rectify as the mop head is “broken in”.
- Some users claimed that unit did not heat up to the recommended 212 degree F temperature as advertised.
- Cloth pads are prone to shrinkage if machine washed and dried.
- Initial warm up time for best performance longer than manual states. Manual says 3-4 minutes; actual users report better results with 7-8 minute warm up.
- Cord could be longer to allow for better mopping range according to some reviewers.
- Head too high to fit under cabinet toe kicks.
- Handle is not ergonomic—straight stick with plastic grip.
- Getting clip on pads on straight requires some effort.
- Replacement pads priced too high.
Related post: Hoover F7412900 MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner Review
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!