The Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner is a moderately priced, highly rated home carpet cleaner/shampooer. Remarkable among home cleaners for the extraction ability that gives the cleaner part of its name, this function coupled with its forced heated air drying capability has many happy owners report faster drying of carpets than is generally the case with home carpet shampooers.
The Hoover MaxExtract has a wide brush assembly which provides approximately 20% more coverage on a single pass than the competition. Hot air from the cleaner motor is forced through the brush assembly to aid in drying the carpet fibers even as water is removed from the carpet by the powerful suction created by the 12 amp motor. A rinse function allows dispersal of clean water only which helps to eliminate soap residue often left in carpet fibers by other similar shampooers.
Hoover’s patented Dual V technology allows for consistent suction over the cleaning path and also enables more water to be removed in each pass than competing brands. Separate clean water and detergent receptacles eliminate the need for messy hand mixing and allows unused detergent to be poured back into the bottle for the next use. This feature can result in considerable savings on detergent purchases over the life of the machine. The separate dirty water tank ensures that water going onto the carpet is always clean.
The SpinScrub brush technology allows for more thorough cleaning of individual carpet fibers, as the brush action approaches each fiber from multiple directions. The brushes are easily removed for cleaning and easy to snap back into place.
The Hoover MaxExtract has three speeds of operation: spill pick-up mode, gentle scrub mode or high power scrub mode. The unit comes with an 8 foot long hose; a removable tool caddy and a powered handheld SpinScrub attachment for upholstery and stair cleaning.
The Hoover MaxExtract is reported to be easy to assemble and disassemble (for cleaning which is strongly recommended after each use). While somewhat heavy at nearly 27 pounds, few reviewers have reported difficulties in maneuvering the machine across their carpets.
- 12 amp carpet cleaner with rotating brushes to clean and groom carpets
- Dual-V Technology produces equal suction across the entire cleaning path
- Direct heat; 3 speeds: Spill pick-up, gentle scrub, and power scrub
- 8-foot hose; removable tool caddy; powered handheld tool for upholstery and stairs
- Measures approximately 20 by 12 by 44 inches, weighs 26.9 pounds
What’s in the Box:
- Hoover SteamVac Widepath
- 8′ hose
- SpinScrub Hand Power tool
- Removable tool caddy
One year limited warranty.
Recently found on Amazon for 219.95
- Separate tanks for clean and dirty water.
- No pre-mixing of water and detergent, unused detergent can go back into bottle.
- SpinScrub brushes clean all sides of carpet fibers.
- Rinse function facilitates getting soapy residue out of carpet.
- Machine directs hot air onto carpet during operation to facilitate drying.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy to clean.
- 27 pounds in weight can be hard to maneuver.
- Hose for attachments could be more flexible.
- Must disassemble and clean thoroughly after each use.
- Dirty water left in tank or detergent left in receptacle will degrade joints and can cause unit to leak.
- High profile of front of machine makes under cabinet floor edge cleaning difficult.
- Noisy operation noted by apartment dwellers with sound sensitive neighbors.
- Some attachments tabs (tank and handheld tool) reported fragile and prone to breakage by users.
Related post: The Best Carpet Cleaners
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!