The GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is a fully loaded mountain bike that comes with everything you need to tackle the tough mountain terrain. The super strong aluminum frame ensures that the bike stands up to everything the mountains throw at it while the 21 speed gear system allows you to adjust your speed rapidly as you travel through the constantly changing off road trails.
In addition to this, the full front and rear suspension system ensures that you get a smooth ride, even on the bumpiest of trails and the Promax disc brakes offer the advanced braking power you need to stop rapidly when hazards present themselves.
- 26 inch, extra strong, MTB aluminum frame which is both lightweight and durable.
- 21 speed gears with Microshift push shifters that control the Shimano TZ-30GS derailleur for quick and easy gear changes.
- Aluminum wheels with a V shape rim profile and high flange alloy hubs for improved handling.
- Front and rear Promax disc brakes which allow you to brake rapidly in all weather conditions.
- Full front and rear suspension with a floating beam suspension design which is mated to a Zoom suspension fork with elastomer/spring technology for maximum shock absorption.
1) Disc Brakes: The standout feature of the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is the inclusion of disk brakes. Disc brakes provide you with far better braking power than rim brakes and are much more responsive in wet weather conditions. When purchased separately, disc brakes usually cost close to $100, so when you consider that the whole bike costs less than $300, the addition of disc brakes represents fantastic value.
2) Smooth Gear Changes: The Shimano TZ-30GS derailleur is another part of this bike that gets top marks. Whether you are cycling fast, slow, uphill or downhill, the derailleur will ensure that you can change gear smoothly without having to worry about the chain clicking or jumping. This is a particularly beneficial when you are cycling along uneven mountain trails as regular, rapid, smooth gear changes are essential for coping with the constant changes in gradient.
3) Dual Suspension: Another great feature of the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is the dual suspension. For the price, it’s very responsive and absorbs the impact of curbs, potholes and uneven trails with ease.
4) Low Price: As mentioned above, the disc brakes alone make the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike excellent value for money. When you add in the fact that you get dual suspension and a top quality derailleur, the value of this bike shoots up even more. If you only have $300 to spend on a mountain bike, this is one of the best investments you can make.
1) Heavy: Like many budget mountain bikes, the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is a bit on the heavy side and weighs in at 38lbs. This isn’t a huge problem if you are riding the bike for pleasure. However, it does make cycling uphill a little bit tougher and it does mean you can’t cycle as fast.
For the price, the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike really over delivers. You get disc brakes, good quality dual suspension and a top quality derailleur for under $300. It is heavy, so if you need a mountain bike that you can race or you want a mountain bike that doesn’t require much effort when cycling uphill, this one isn’t the right choice for you. However, if you’re not planning to race but want a good, solid bike that can stand up to the challenges of off road cycling, the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is an excellent purchase.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!