There are two versions of the Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike – the Recoil Comp and the Recoil. These bikes are very popular with serious enthusiasts and come in different price ranges. This mountain bike, the Diamondback Recoil, is the younger brother of the Retail Comp and has firmly established itself as a great bike in its own right, and at a more affordable price.
The Recoil boasts a tough aluminum single-pivot suspension frame with 4 inches of travel, which puts it on a par with the Retail Comp, and when the trail gets more challenging, the SR XCT 100mm fork has 4 inches of suspension to get you through with confidence.
The Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes give you plenty of stopping power no matter what the conditions are and the Shimano SL-M310 8-speed Rapidfire shifters offer an excellent blend of performance and value.
Add all this together with the reliable Shimano drivetrain that delivers the perfect gears on the uphills and the flats and you have a bike that has all the performance and quality associated with more expensive models.
We found Amazon.com to have the best price on the Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike and it also qualifies for free shipping. Click here to check it out.
Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike Product Features
- Comes in 16-, 18-, or 20-inch frames; lifetime frame warranty
- Full suspension mountain bike with heat-treated aluminum 4-inch trail frame
- SR XCT 100mm fork; Shimano Altus dual pull, top swing front and Shimano Acera SGS 8-speed rear derailleur
- Shimano SL-M310 8-speed Rapidfire shifters; Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes
- WTB VOLT Sport SE saddle; WTB Wolverine Comp 29 x 2.2 inch tires
Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike Specifications
- Sizes: Small (16 inches), medium (18 inches), large (20 inches)
- Frame: DB Recoil 6061 T-6 aluminum trail with 4-inch travel, optimized single pivot, SORTIE Machine Formed top tube, butted/formed down tube, sealed cartridge bearing pivot, replaceable hanger
- Fork: SR XCT 100mm travel with external preload adj.
- Rear shock: Tuff Shock Coil 190 x 51mm with oil damping
- Cranks: SR Suntour XCC T202, 24/34/42t
- Bottom bracket: Sealed cartridge
- Front derailleur: Shimano Altus dual pull, top swing, 34.9
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Acera SGS 8-speed
- Shifter: Shimano SL-M310 8-speed Rapidfire
- Brake levers: Tektro alloy with reach adjustment
- Brakes: Tektro Novela Disc with 6″ Rotors
- Gear: Shimano HG31 8-speed Cassette (11-32t)
- Rims: 32H Weinmann SL-7 double-wall
- Tires: WTB Wolverine Comp, 29 x 2.2
- Pedals: DB toe-clip-compatible platform
- Handlebar: DB SL318b oversize, 31.8mm mid rise
- Stem: Diamondback AL6061 Ahead 7-degree 31.8-millimeter
- Seatpost: DB SL309p alloy micro adjust, 30.9mm
- Seat: WTB VOLT sport SE
- Headset: Zero Stack 1-1/8-inch ahead
- Chain: KMC-Z82
- Hubset: 32H SL-7 alloy with CNC disc mount (front); 32H SL-7 alloy cassette with CNC disc mount (rear)
- Spokes: Black 14g stainless steel
- Grips: DB4L 135-millimeter Kraton
- Extras: Owner’s manual, Chainstay protector, clear coat
The Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike has received very positive reviews from the people who have purchased and used it. The online reviews highlight how well the bike deals with all weather conditions and particularly mention the comfort of the suspension when doing so.
One reviewer commented specifically on how light weight the bike was and how smooth the bike is to ride. A number of the reviewers also mentioned that the brakes have great stopping power and the gear shifts are quick and smooth.
One reviewer had difficulty with the rear derailleur breaking on more than one occasion and considered that the SRAM X.4 did not offer the quality they required, so they upgraded this specific part. This review related to an earlier model as the SRAM X.4 has now been replaced with the Shimano Acera SGS 8-speed rear derailleur.
Another reviewer did mention that whilst the major assembly work is done for you, there is a need to attach the wheels, seat, and handle bars that can take an hour so to do. However, the vast majority of the reviews are very positive with people recommending the bike as great for the trail.
With the performance and quality of the Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike and the positive reviews on the excellent value for money that you receive with this bike, it gets our strong recommendation as a good buy.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!