Need a bread machine that will offer numerous functions but cost less? Then you should be happy to come across this low-priced bread maker by Oster. It has an LCD display, a control panel, a 6-minute memory function, a 60-minute automatic keep warm mode, and four crust color options. Plus, it will only cost you $60! It’s definitely a great entry level bread maker.
If you’re not convinced yet, let’s check out its specifications, notable features, pros, cons, and the customers’ reviews.
|Product Dimensions||13.8 x 13 x 14.1 inches|
|Capacity||1 lb., 1.5 lb., and 2 lbs.|
|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||12.1 pounds|
|Item Model Number||CKSTBRTW20|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.3 out of 5 stars|
The Oster 2-pound Expressbake highlights a glass viewing window; four crust color options: light, medium, dark, or rapid; removable bread pan; and 12 menu settings: Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Sweet, Express Bake 1.5 lb., Express Bake 2 lbs., Quick, European, Dough, Bagel Dough, Jam, and Bake. Its 6-minute memory function is beneficial for short power outages as it remembers where it stopped. It also features a 60-minute automatic keep warm mode to keep your bread fresh and hot after the baking cycle. Since we’re already talking about time, I think it’s about time to mention that it also has a 13-hour delay function. Pretty awesome, right?
Another great thing you’ll love about this is the loaf size button. Yes, you can choose among the three: 1 lb., 1.5 lb., or 2 lbs. You’ll also find its signal that reminds you when to add fruits and nuts. To be honest, for a bread machine that costs less than $100, it’s definitely a great catch. In addition, you’ll get a one-year limited warranty to cover defects in material or workmanship.
Why Should You Buy The Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine?
Oster promises that you can cook with passion and serve with pleasure. As a matter of fact, they’re one of the most trusted brands that offer high-quality products without hurting your wallet. Other machines in its price range bake for about 2-3 hours. But this bread machine can bake a 2-pound loaf bread for just an hour. With the 13-hour delay timer, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time, trust it to do its job in the middle of the night, and wake up with newly-baked bread.
You can make a variety of bread out of this one, too. Some of those include raisin bread, oatmeal bread, the usual white bread, sour dough bread, French countryside bread, apple walnut bread, Italian herb bread, whole wheat bread, cheese and rye bread, butter rolls, basic pasta dough, pizza crust dough, strawberry jam, and orange marmalade. For its quality and price, you can’t get another one better than this for less than $100.
- Includes a measuring scoop, a measuring cup, kneading blade removal tool, user guide, and recipes
- Allows you to choose the loaf size
- Has a large LCD display
- It’s quiet.
- Has a countdown timer
- It won’t rattle around your kitchen counter.
- Easy to use and clean
- Great for beginners
- Pan shape doesn’t produce a traditional bread loaf shape
- No pre-warming function
- You can’t customize the knead, rise, and bake times.
- Beeping signal can’t be muted
- Doesn’t have a gluten-free bread cycle
What Are Customers Saying About It?
- They say cleanup is a breeze.
- Baking bread is now easier and takes less time.
- A happy customer remarked, “It doesn’t get any more simple than this. I throw in the ingredients, press two buttons, and it works its magic.”
- The bread slides right out and never sticks to the main pan.
- Customers said it’s worth its reasonable price.
- The smell of bread baking is indescribable in its sense of purity and delight.
- Every single recipe in the enclosed booklet has worked.
- The countdown timer makes it easy to see how much time is left.
- It made the bread like it is advertised.
- It saves you money and it’s healthy for the family.
- Another customer said, “I love the bread that it makes and the pizza dough is really easy and delicious as well.”
- The bread maker vibrates off the counter onto the floor.
- One customer said, “When I make quickbread, the outside crust gets pretty hard and overdone.”
- The machine stopped kneading after two loaves of bread and would just make a clicking sound.
- It’s not recommended for a 2-pound loaf bread. It works great if you’re baking a 1.5-pound loaf of bread.
- When you choose dark crust it really is barely yellow.
- It may not come with a manual or a recipe booklet.
For its affordable price, you can get more than you bargained for. It may or may not fall off your counter, and it may or may not offer the darkest crust on your bread, but if you weigh the pros and cons, you’ll still find it worth your money.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!