The Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum is a high-end electric toothbrush that truly makes brushing to the next level. With 3 different cleaning modes and 3 different settings, users can truly personalize their brushing experience.
This powered toothbrush is also powered by sonic technology for an even healthier clean. Let’s take a closer look at this model’s features to see if this is the right brush for you.
The HX9110/02 offers a number of attractive features that are designed to make brushing as simple and convenient as possible.
9 Brushing Experiences
This model features three cleaning modes and three intensity settings to create 9 different brushing experiences.
- Clean – This is the basic cleaning mode for this model and is ideal for everyday brushing.
- White – The “white” mode offers a deeper cleaning to remove surface stains and brighten your smile.
- Gum Care – This mode provides a more focused cleaning to reduce inflammation and gum bleeding.
- Read full specs here
The low setting is ideal for those with sensitive teeth or who are just getting started with powered toothbrushes.
Advanced Plaque Removal
Philips’ InterCare brush head removes up to seven times more plaque when compared to a manual toothbrush. Powered by sonic technology, the brush can perform up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute. This provides a deep cleaning that is on the same level as a professional cleaning. As an added bonus, the bristles on the InterCare head fade from blue to white to indicate that it’s time to replace the brush head.
The brush’s sonic technology also pushes fluid between the teeth to gently remove plaque hidden along the gum line.
Dentists recommend brushing for two minutes, three times per day. The HX9110/02 offers two different timing modes to ensure your teeth receive a thorough cleaning every time you use your brush.
- The Quadpacer is an interval timer that indicates when it’s time to move from one quadrant of the mouth to another.
- The Smarttimer is an overall timer that helps you reach the recommended two minute brushing time.
An intuitive pressure sensor alerts you when you are brushing too hard. This helps prevent damage to the gum line and tooth enamel. Brushing too hard can also cause sensitive teeth. The pressure sensor helps avoid this issue and helps keep your teeth looking their best.
Extended Battery Life
The Flexcare Platinum also comes with an impressive battery life. After a complete 24-hour charge, the battery will last approximately three weeks before needing another charge. This is based on typical use of two minutes of brushing, twice per day.
An LED indicator on the brush handle displays the battery life and will blink when it needs to be recharged. This model’s long battery life makes it the ideal brush for those who travel often. To make the brush even more travel-friendly, it comes with a special travel case, multi-voltage charger and two hygienic caps.
- Superior plaque removal: Thanks to sonic technology, this model is far more efficient at removing plaque than manual brushing alone. With an impressive 31,000 strokes per minute, the brush is able to eliminate plaque from those hard-to-reach areas of the mouth.
- Multiple brush settings: The brush’s 3 cleaning modes and 3 intensity modes allow you to personalize your brushing experience.
- Pressure sensor: The automatic pressure sensor will prevent you from brushing too hard and inadvertently damaging your teeth.
- Long battery life: The three week battery life of the HX9110/02 is far longer than many of its competitors. This model is ideal for those who are always on the go and travel often.
- High price tag: This model is a bit more costly than others on the market, but its advanced features and impressive cleaning modes make it well worth the extra cost.
- No UV sanitizing: Some users of the brush were disappointed by the fact that it does not include a UV sanitizing feature. This is a feature that some have come to expect from high-end electric toothbrush models.
The Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum is a great investment for those that are serious about keeping their teeth healthy and clean. With 9 brushing experiences and the ability to remove up to 7 times more plaque than manual brushing, this product gives a professional cleaning every time. Although the price is a bit higher than other models on the market, the long battery life and advanced cleaning modes make it a worthwhile investment.