Siemens offers a great many products in its laundry segment that are specialised for the domestic use. There are models of tumble dryers, washing machines and washer dryer. With the unique brand identity each of its products transforms to be highly efficient and impressive. Siemens IQ100 WM14P160GB Automatic Washing Machine is been reviewed here to bring out more details for better understanding.
Siemens IQ100 WM14P160GB Grade ‘A++’ Energy Efficiency Washing Machine is at the basic known as the freestanding and the front loading appliance but it also allows to be built under the tumble dryer in the stacking system. The dimension of 842mm in height, 600mm in width and 590mm in depth is a standard type which can be suitable for any home. The weight of the appliance is 76kg while the housing is in bright white colour. The controls are electronic however it does not come with the digital display.
- This model is designed to handle the load size of 8kg which makes it suitable for the larger homes.
- The drum volume here is 65 litres which helps to accommodate the load of 8kg and it is made of high grade stainless steel material while the tub is made of plastic.
- The maximum spin speed is 1400rpm and it allows setting in variable spin speed based on the nature of the fabrics.
- The temperature setting is also variable and it can be chosen from 30°C, 40°C, 60°C, 60°C Eco, and 90°C.
- The feet of the appliance is height adjustable and it can be adjusted up to 120mm and this makes the installation perfect even if the floor conditions are uneven.
- The door is been hinged in the left side and the door opens 90 degrees. Further the detergent dispenser is from the front side.
Performance and Efficiency:
The energy consumption on the bases of standards washing cycle is 221 kWh and the water consumption in the same standards is 11800 litres per year. The energy efficiency is been rated as grade ‘A++’ while the wash and the spin performance are rated with grade ‘B’ and grade ‘A’ respectively. This appliance comes with the approval certificate of CE. The noise emission is not at the lowest as the wash programme brings out 55dBa and the spinning gives out 75dBa.
Programmes and Settings:
The special programmes that can be instantly chosen with the help of the rotary knob are mixed fabrics at 30 degree C, hand wash, wool, delicates and silk, intensive programme and other special programmes. Along with these it allows to set various options if required like the wash, prewash, less ironing and the extra rinse.
- Inverse logic is a feature where in all the programmes are set in a standard that is up to 40% faster than the normal programmes.
- Optiwave wash system with cascade not only gives a gentle touch to the fabric but also makes sure that the cleanliness is uncompromised even in the highly soiled fabrics.
- Auto load is an automatic programme that senses the load and sets the programme automatically.
- Foam detection system is another sensor application which when senses the presence of foam it understands that the rinse is not sufficient and goes in for another extra rinsing.
- End of cycle buzzer makes it easy for the user to understand the completion of the programme from anywhere around.
Like most other models of this brand Siemens offers 5 years guarantee period for IQ100 WM14P160GB Freestanding, Front-loading Washing Machine on registration which covers the parts and the labour.
Siemens WM14P160GB Washing Machine – Technical Specification Table
|Model Name||IQ100 WM14P160GB Automatic Washing Machine|
|Load Type||Front loading|
|Product weight||76 kg|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||842 x 600 x 590 mm|
|Volume Capacity||8.0 Kg|
|Drum volume||65 litres|
|Wash Programmes||Mixed fabrics at 30 degree C, handwash.wool, delicates and silk,
intensive programme and other special programmes
|Extra Settings||wash, pre-wash option, less ironing and extra rinse option|
|Spin speed options||Variable|
|Spin speeds||1400 rpm|
|Washing Method||Stainless steel Drum|
|End-of Cycle Signal||Yes|
|Delay Start Timer||Yes|
|Count down display||Yes|
|Drying progress indicator||Yes|
|Hand Wash Program||Yes|
|Baby & Toddler Clothing Programme||No|
|Additional features||Inverse logic
Optiwave wash system with cascade
Fully electronic control dial for programme setting
Foam detection system
End of cycle buzzer
Metal door catch
|Annual Energy Consumption||221 kWh|
|Noise level washing (dB(A) re 1 pW)||Washing – 55dB; Spinning – 75 dB|
|Detergent dispensing||Yes – front side|
|Water Consumption per year||11800 litres|
|Spin Drying Efficiency||B|
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!