Headphones come in different sizes, styles, and overall quality ratings. For those who want the best experience when it comes to listening to music, speech, ambient sounds, and more it pays to invest in a pair of high quality headphones that offer the features you need for maximum sound potential.
AKG Acoustics has been one of the more celebrated companies in its field for quite some time. With over 1,400 patents and holders of the 2005 and 2010 Grammy awards for sound innovation, it’s little wonder that so many professionals use AKG products as part of their everyday use. Furthermore, AKG has broken into the consumer field with a number of excellent headphone designs that demonstrate their remarkable range and sound that has made the company synonymous with high quality.
One of the more popular headphones from AKG that offer listeners an unparalleled experience in sound is the AKG K550 Closed-Back Reference Class Headphones. This particular set of headphones offers a number of excellent features, performance rating, and durability that most people want when listening to music and other audio presentations at home or when travelling.
There are a number of features that the AKG 550 headphones offer for those who want exceptional quality, broad range of sound, and a comfortable fit.
- Eliminate Outside Noise: The closed back effect is one that prevents outside noises from entering the headphones so that you can maximize your enjoyment of the music or sounds that you are listening. In addition, the feature also prevents sound from leaking out so that you do not disturb others.
- In-Line Microphone: Now you can make calls that are crisp, noise-free, and clear just like the music you listen to on smartphones. This provides the advantage of talking while wearing these remarkable headphones so that you can really enjoy the clarity and noise-free nature of the audio
- Real Image Engineering: This effect produces a very large soundstage as well as precise audio quality. This means that the headphones provide the feel of being in a huge auditorium or concert hall all while delivering precise sound.
- Two-Inch Drivers: The size and quality of the drivers delivers undistorted sound no matter the volume level so that you can really enjoy what you are listening to at any range.
- Easy Storage: The overall design of the AKG K551 is that of a two-dimensional fold-flat system that makes them simple to fold up and carry along with you. This particular design is unlike many standard all-encompassing headphones that are bulky or awkward to carry.
The sleek, minimalist design of the AKG K550 headphones is one that is quite attractive and functional thanks to the many different features.
- Closed-Back Design
- Dynamic System
- Color: Black/Silver
- Frequency Range: 12Hz to 28kHz
- Maximum Input Power: 200mW
- Input Impedance: 32 ohms
- Weight w/o Cable: 10.76 oz
- Sensitivity: 114dB SPL/V
- Cable: 99.99% Oxygen-Free
- Cable Length: 4’
- Main Connection: 1/8” or 3.5mm Stereo Mini-Jack Plug
In addition, the AKG K550 comes with a worldwide 2 year warranty so that if something goes wrong you can send them back for repair. The warranty covers the normal wear and tear on the product itself and not any deliberate damage that may have been inflicted.
Why We Love the AKG K550
For audiophiles and others who love to listen to music and audio broadcasts and recording at the highest level, the AKG 550 headphones offer a number of excellent features that makes it more than worthwhile. In fact, the reputation of this particular set of headphones is such that people around the world are discovering its quality all at a price that is generally below that of similar products.
Apart from the extraordinary sound quality, the closed-back system may be the best reason to purchase the AKG 550. It provides maximum privacy while letting you enjoy the audio at a level where you are comfortable. One of the issues that many people who enjoy the best in audio have to deal with is either outside noises leaking in which disturbs their enjoyment or having the audio leak out which disturbs others. The unique closed-back system is one that prevents both issues from happening all in a nifty, easy-to-store set.
One interesting and often overlooked aspect of purchasing headphones that totally enclose the ear like this particular set is storage and travel. Most people would not consider trying to take with them large headphones on trips because they are bulky and awkward to fit into travel bags or even your luggage. Plus, they can be difficult to store at home as well which makes them rather cumbersome to keep. That’s why this particular set with its unique 2D folding feature makes them the perfect travel companion as well as finding small spaces to store the headphones when not in use. You’ll certainly get the most for your purchase when you select this particular unit.
Another reason to consider purchasing the AKG K550 is the 2 year warranty which makes it a great investment because it will be repaired when experiencing the normal wear and tear that headphones undergo during their use. The warranty covers perhaps the only negative aspect of the headphones in that the cable itself is singular to the set. Fortunately, if you are having any cable issues they can be repaired under the auspices of the 2 year warranty.
All in all, the AKG K550 is a superb set of headphones that makes the perfect investment for audiophiles who love to listen to music and other types of audio recordings in perfect clarity. The headphones are reasonably priced for their overall quality and a true bargain for those who want the best in sound, durability, features, and convenience.
If you are looking for a great set of headphones that work for many different types of audio systems, then the AKG K550 Closed-Back Reference Class Headphones are definitely the ones you need to purchase based on all the advantages that they offer. They are the right headphones for your needs.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!