The BISSELL Quicksteamer PowerBrush Multi Surface Deep Cleaner, 20803 is an inexpensive, lightweight carpet cleaner/shampooer that is the ideal machine for apartment dwellers and those with small houses.
The machine is 9 inches wide which makes storage in small homes and apartments less problematic than some of its bigger and heavier counterparts. The Bissell Quicksteamer has no attachments or tools, which also streamlines the storage process; the only exception being a snap on bare floor adapter that can be stored in place on the machine and removed for use of the unit on carpets.
The Bissell Quicksteamer Powerbrush uses Bissell’s patented DirtLifter Powerbrushes, designed to remove dirt and grime from deep down in the carpet fibers. The machine operates by simultaneous spray, scrub and suction action, which efficiently removes water and detergent from carpets as it cleans.
This steam cleaning machine has dual tanks which keep the water/detergent solution separate from dirty water suctioned from the floors. The tanks are somewhat small capacity, and can required frequent emptying and refilling. The smaller size of the tanks keeps the unit lightweight and highly maneuverable unlike many other carpet cleaners. There is no internal heating of the water by the unit, for best possible cleaning, use very hot tap water to fill the solution tank.
The Bissell Quicksteamer Powerbrush is ideally suited to small homes and apartments or for simple spot cleaning in larger homes when hauling out a larger cleaner or renting a Rug Doctor is not called for. Suction is reported as great for the small size of the motor (3 amps, many of the larger and heavier home units have 12 amp motors). The narrow cleaning path makes the machine most effective in cleaning small rooms, hallways, bathrooms (hard flooring adapter is reported to work well on tile and grout) and other areas where bigger machines are too bulky to maneuver.
- 3 amp motor.
- DirtLifter® PowerBrush removes ground-in dirt and grooms carpet.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Deep Cleans carpets and area rugs and safely cleans hard floor surfaces with the Bare Floor Tool.
- Stores ready to use.
- Easy to fill and empty ½ gallon tanks.
- Nozzle is removable for cleaning unit after use.
- Easy to Maneuver Wheels
- 14 pound weight makes it comfortable to carry from room to room.
What’s in the Box:
- BISSELL Quicksteamer PowerBrush
- Two bottles of Bissell detergent: bare floor and carpet formulas
- Hard floor snap on adapter
Limited One Year Warranty
Recently found on Amazon and TrueValue Hardware for approximately $126.
- Light weight, only 14 pounds.
- Separate clean and dirty water tanks.
- Quiet operation when compared to larger units.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy to fill and empty.
- Lower price than many competing models.
- Can use any carpet cleaning detergent.
- Ideal for apartment dwellers, narrow width and no attachments make storage simple.
- Machine is narrow (9 inches wide) more passes required to cover carpet surface.
- Tricky to reattach nozzle after removal for cleaning, improper attachment results in no suction.
- Tank lacks flat bottom for ease of filling requiring one hand to steady at all times.
- Tanks are small requiring multiple fillings during use.
- Some users report difficulty in cleaning after use; average time needed to clean machine reported at 15-20 minutes.
- Dirty water can be splashed out via a vent at top of tank unless care used in moving unit around.
- Recommended for apartments and small homes only due to size of cleaning path.
- Must mix detergent with clean water prior to use.
- Cord reported as not long enough by several reviewers, (cord length is 20 feet per unit specs).
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!