The Dewalt DW715 is a 12-inch compound miter saw featuring 15 amp power at 4000 RPM no-load speed, which offers more extended power and durability. It incorporates an adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops for the most popular miter cuts. There’s also a high quality manual override for custom miter cuts.
You Don’t Have to Worry Anymore!
You don’t have to worry about slipping to any of the built-in positive stops. This feature makes it possible to replicate miter angles with precision time and time again. The machine based fence design is a unique innovation that delivers long term fence straightness by providing the necessary support.
It has a tail sliding fence for crown molding up to 5 -¼ inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2 inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts. The tall sliding fence design makes it ideal for working with crown and base moldings. It has a convenient cam-lock miter handle which makes adjusting to any desired angle fast and accurate. This miter saw allows for manual override without the saw accidentally slipping to any of the pre-set positive stops.
Versatile Bevel Cuts
- 4 hardened steel bevel stops at 0, 33.9, 45 and 48 degrees
- 45-degree bevel cuts through dimensional lumber up to 2 x 8 inches
- 0 degrees and 48 degrees to the left
- 0 degrees and 3 degrees to the right
- Can cross cut 2 x 10s
- Portability. The built-in carry handle makes this saw completely portable:
- Pricing. Dewalt makes a double bevel miter saw, but it over 100 USD more.
- Durability. There are countless customer reviews supporting this.
- Once you get the fence set to square with the blade, if stays there pretty well. The miter rotation is easy to move and is quite accurate for most all projects, including frames.
- The saw has plenty of power to make cuts into various types of woods with no troubles or slow downs.
- You can use it mostly for rough cuts (close enough), which is the typical application of miter saws. The blade brake is extremely effective, you don’t have to worry about the blade continuing to spin once the saw has been stopped.
- Setting up miters and bevels are super easy with the provided gauges.
This is only a single bevel saw. Dewalt also makes a double bevel saw but it is over 100 USD more. In addition the double bevel model has less power, running at only 3600 RPM This miter saw operates at a relatively loud level.
What Customers Are Saying ?
- Northerntool.com 4.7 out of 5 stars. 18 out of 18 would recommend this product to a friend.
- Home Depot 4.8 out of 5 stars. 13 out of 13 recommend this product.
- Amazon.com 4.5 out of 5 stars
Unpacking DW715 – What is Included in the Box:
- Miter Saw
- Carbide Blade
- Dust Bag
- Blade Wrench
- 3 year Limited Warranty
- 1 Year Service
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
The DEWALT DW715 15-Amp12-Inch Compound Miter Saw is an impressive saw, head and shoulders above the competition. It’s received nearly 5 out of 5 stars from several customer rating and review sites. The key features are its durability and precision. The adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops at the most common settings is a strong selling point as well as the manual override to work with custom angles. Portability is an added bonus due to its perfectly placed, rock solid handle. Click on the link below to purchase this product.
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!