The Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver with Heart Rate Monitor is practical for those fitness and health conscious people who wants to monitor their workout speed, running distance, and training capacity. It can also count how many calories are burned every time they are working out. This Garmin receiver watch can also monitor their heart rate to know if their heart can still handle the activities while doing exercise and personal training sessions.
The Forerunner 305 has multiple functions to meet your fitness requirements. It is very useful when you want to monitor your heart rate, speed and distance, how many calories burned while doing physical activities such as biking, running and doing exercises. What’s also great about this product is that it can store previous workout sessions so you can compare how far you achieved from previous workout and match it up with your present performance.
Here are some of the features bundled with the Forerunner 305:
- A 2-piece guidance aide that can monitor pace, speed and distance, heart rate, and calories burned for you to supervise your training level.
- Strong non-wired heart rate monitor that assist you while achieving your training goals.
- This Garmin Forerunner features a responsive GPS receiver that gives faster acquisition times so that you can use it under the trees or when you are near running near tall structures.
- You can use this for running, biking, sailing, doing other fitness exercise without resetting the device because of its multi-sport capacity.
- It has an automatic pause, automatic scroll, and high sensitivity GPS receiver.
- It has a 160 x 240 screen resolution and 1.3” display size.
- The battery life of Garmin Forerunner 305 can last up to 10 hours.
- This product has a USB cable to attach to your USB devices and a user manual for proper usage instructions.
- Lightweight as it only weighs 0.17 lbs so you can move more comfortable.
Here are some of the Forerunner 305 Pros and Cons to help you decide if this is the watch and heart rate monitor device you need.
• You can use it in different functions with different pages without added effort because you don’t have to reset it.
• The Forerunner 305 with heart rate monitor can be used indoors even without GPS reception, because of its non-wired sensor that fastens to the user’s running shoes and transmit activity data to the device.
• It has a memory back up system where in you can store your own data for your review and compare your workout sessions every time to analyze your exercise improvement and training needs.
• You may use Garmin free software called Garmin Training Center where you can analyze data using graphs that will plan your pace, time, distance and heart rate. Or you can also use Garmin Connect where in you just have to upload your data and store your progress in your workout.
• It has a small hole at the bottom where perspiration may enter from your body which may hamper the sound from the beeper that can help you recognize if the product is in functioning well or not.
• It may just shut off if you are not utilizing the features for a period of time, even while you are wearing it.
The Forerunner 305 costs about $130.00 to $150.00 depending on where you will purchase it. This product is worth investing for as it is not too expensive for a receiver and heart rate monitor that has multiple functions. It offers great value that will help you in monitoring and analyzing your exercise workout and physical fitness activities.