If you are looking for a natural method to whiten your skin, you would probably be similar to using lemon as a way to achieve this goal.
Why does lemon help to whiten our skin?
Citrus fruits, especially lemons, are effective for treating dark spots, acne damage and freckles, since they are packed with vitamin C, which is known as a powerful antioxidant. When lemon juice is applied to the skin, it plays an important role in helping us deal with hyperpigmentation. To optimize the benefits of using lemon juice to lighten your skin tone, it is better to combine lemon juice with other ingredients such as honey, sugar, baking soda or etc.
Below we have listed 9 ways of using lemon to get your skin to glow from the inside out.
- 1 Whiten skin with lemon and honey?
- 2 Whiten skin with lemon juice?
- 3 Whiten skin with lemon and sugar:
- 4 Whiten skin with lemon and baking soda:
- 5 Whiten skin with lemon and milk?
- 6 Whiten skin with lemon and turmeric:
- 7 Whiten skin with lemon and aloe vera:
- 8 Whiten skin with lemon and coconut oil:
- 9 Whiten skin with lemon and yogurt:
Whiten skin with lemon and honey?
Honey is very beneficial to your skin as this natural ingredient contains a lot of useful properties such as Antibacterial, Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and Exfoliating. Therefore, the combination of lemon and honey is absolutely safe. It is not only friendly-budget but also leaves your skin feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
Before you start, make a quick note: some people may be sensitive to lemon or allergic to the components of honey, so it is necessary to do a patch test. Please follow the steps below:
As for lemon:
- Apply a drop of lemon to a small patch of skin
- Wait a few minutes to see your skin reacts to lemon juice
If your skin does not show any signs of redness, irritation, swelling or itching. It’s probably safe for you to use lemon on your face
As for honey: Do the same with lemon but this time you have to wait for 24 hours to check the reaction of your skin to it.
How to make the mask and use it?
- Pour boiling hot water into a bowl, and stand above the water to allow the steam to rise to your face. Note: this step is optional, but will serve to open your pores (as well as feel amazing).
- Mix 1 tbsp of organic honey with the juice from half a lemon.
- Apply the mask, covering your face and neck but avoiding the area near your eyes.
- Wait 20 minutes, and then wash off with warm water, followed by cold water. The cold water is also optional, but will help close your pores.
- Pat dry.
And that’s it! So simple.
Whiten skin with lemon juice?
- Using lemon juice or you can squeeze the juice from a lemon into a bowl and add an equal amount of water to it.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and gently dab lemon juice onto any dark spots on your face.
- Let the lemon juice sit for 20 minutes, then rinse your face with cool water.
You can use this recipe a few times a week and remember not to let the lemon juice on your skin when going out, because it can cause burns and blisters.
Whiten skin with lemon and sugar:
Sugar can be one of the most effective ingredients when you are trying to lighten your skin; the granules of it help to open pores for moisture and exfoliate skin. When it is mixed properly, sugar can lighten and soften your skin. So it is a good idea to give a mixture of lemon and sugar a try:
- Mix one cup of sugar with half a cup of lemon juice in a bowl or cup.
- Rub onto the desired area of your skin. Allow it to sit on the skin for three to four minutes.
- Wipe clean with a clean cloth or paper towels, and rinse in warm water.
You can use this recipe at least twice a week to steadily improve your skin tone!
Whiten skin with lemon and baking soda:
Baking soda offers several health and beauty benefits such as clear acne and breakouts, tighten pores, glow skin or help you get rid of spots, scars ( especially those left behind acne or pimples). Moreover, baking soda also has little or no side effects. That’s why mixing baking soda with lemon juice will be an effective and safe bleaching solution.
- In a bowl, add one teaspoon of baking soda and squeeze the juice of half a lemon in it.
- Mix the two to get a thick paste. Now on a clean and slightly damp face, apply this mixture.
- You can first cover the blemishes and marks and then use the rest to apply on the remaining areas.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes and then wash your wash first with warm water and later with a cold splash.
- Pat dry the skin and apply a moisturizer with SPF.
It is preferable to apply this at night as sun exposure after using lemon juice can darken your skin. Use this once or twice a week to see visible changes.
Whiten skin with lemon and milk?
For a long time milk has been used as a method to make skin look naturally beautiful as it offers a wide range of benefits to skin. For example, milk can treat acne, reduce signs of aging, moisturize and brighten skin. In addition to this, milk is not as expensive as other beauty products. For this reason, milk has been women’s go-to beauty treatment. A mix of milk and lemon has been known to assist in freckle removal and to aid the fairer sex in getting the pure white skin.
- Squeeze fresh lemons to get lemon juice.
- Use a bowl to collect the lemon juice.
- Measure a cup of milk into the bowl and use a whisk to mix the milk and the lemon juice. The milk and the lemon juice need to mix together nicely within a minute or two of whisking it.
- Clean your face with warm water and a clean face cloth. Do not use soap, as this will clog your pores.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Saturate the face cloth with the milk and lemon mixture and then apply the mixture to your face.
- Leave the mixture on your face for a few minutes and then rinse it off and pat your face dry.
Repeat this process three or four times a week and you will see the results.
Whiten skin with lemon and turmeric:
Turmeric benefits the skin a great deal in dealing with light skin conditions (reduce redness from blemishes, calm inflamed and irritated skin) and even the trickiest ones (psoriasis, rosacea, eczema). Thus, a mixture of turmeric and lemon can do wonders for your skin tone and condition in an instant way.
- Remove the seeds of the lemon.
- Dip this half part in turmeric powder.
- Rub this lemon on your skin face for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it on your face for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
You can use this recipe three times a week, ideally before bedtime to get desired results.
Whiten skin with lemon and aloe vera:
Aloe vera is extensively used in cosmetics and beauty products thanks to its all good properties. To illustrate, it can act as a moisturizer and be used for fighting sunburn, it also helps to reduce acne and prevent aging. Therefore when combining lemon and aloe vera, you can see the significant improvements in your skin, especially its texture and its complexion.
- Mix aloe vera in lemon juice in an 8 to 1 ratio.
- Spread this mixture evenly over your face.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes. You should avoid the sensitive eye area and wash the mask off thoroughly afterwards.
To get the best results, you can use it daily.
Whiten skin with lemon and coconut oil:
With the ability of hydrating skin and improving skin quality thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, coconut oil is used not only in the kitchen but also in skincare. So, it is not a bad idea to mix lemon and coconut oil gently together to keep your skin healthy and radiant.
- Pour 4 tbsp of coconut oil in a medium size bowl. The coconut oil needs to be solid as we will whip it up and it will be quicker to get a creamy fluffy texture.
- Squeeze 2 lemons into the coconut cream mixture. At this step you can add Vitamin E oil or your favorite essential oil.
- Apply this blend on your skin and leave it there for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
You can use this pack on a daily basis to brighten up your skin faster. It has to be stored in the fridge to prevent it from melting.
Whiten skin with lemon and yogurt:
It can be said that yogurt is very versatile. When it comes to nutrition, yogurt is very rich in proteins, probiotics and bone-building calcium. As for beauty tips, it offers a variety of potential benefits for the skin, including moisturizing, brightening, boosting elasticity, easing acne, reducing the signs of aging etc. For this reason, a mask of lemon and yogurt can be a good skincare option.
- Mix yogurt and lemon in a small bowl.
- Apply the thick mixture to skin with a makeup brush or clean fingers.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse away with warm water and pat dry.
For the best results, use this mask up to three times a week. Since AHA in this blend increases skin sensitivity to sunlight, you’d better apply this mask in the evening rather than in daytime. Last but not least, it’s best to go for natural probiotic and flavor-free yogurt, as seeds, pieces of fruits may interfere with this application.
- Related post: Effects of Blue Light on Skin – Should You Be Concerned?
Mike Nikko is a blogger with over 15 years of experience. I will bring you the best product reviews and other useful life experiences, tips to increase height, tips to improve health… If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike Nikko!